Tailor Maid

iwanttoplayeq

Im trying to get the tailor maid mod to work and in the instructions it says I need to extract the files to my desktop after I download them but when I right click to extract there is no option to do so :- (

If anyone has used this mod before or knows what to do please give me a hand , thanks

I have a directory on my desktop called staging. When installing a new mod or mods, I extract to this location, verify everything and then select all and Move to migrate into my Fallout3 Data directory. For esp-only mods, I usually extract directly into Fallout3/Data.

i appreciate the responses guys but thats not my issue, maybe I havent worded it correctly.

I read in the instructions on the tailor maid mod that I would need to download and extract the files but yet after I download the files I cannot extract anything because there is no option to do so ...

I went ahead and moved them into my FO data file and when I went to put them on FOMM it said I would need some extra scripts or something from FOMM

Are you trying to install Tailor Maid with the Package manager option in FOMM? Tailor Maid is not an omod. There should be two folders under Tailor Maid in the archive, esp and meshes. Extract the meshes folder into your Fallout3/Data directory. Then go into the esp folder and select the esp option that suits your install preference and extract it into your Data folder.

Start FOMM, enable the esp, move it to wherever in your load order, close FOMM (to save the load order). Restart FOMM, click Launch Fallout (or Launch FOSE if you have FOSE installed).

UPDATE: This is exactly what it says when I try to move them onto FOMM - This Archive contains plugins in subdirectories, and will need a script from FOMM to install correctly

The first problem about not being able to extract is more than likely because you either did not install 7zip or when you installed it you did not allow it to set context menu entries, so you would have to open the 7z gui and navigate to the tailer maid archive from there. If you do not have it is free and you can grab it here http://www.7-zip.org

The quoted problem above is because the tailer maid mod, has two(or more) esp files that more than likely conflict with an other (basically it is shipped with choices), once you have extracted the archive you will be able to read the read me and see what the difference is and which you would like to choose.

(and the reason fomm can read the archive is because it has its own little 7zip shipped with it)

hope this helps.