Problem with FOSE and Patches

glaciergirl14

Okay, I've downloaded the Real Time Settler mod, and since it says it needed FOSE, I downloaded it. When I try to start FOSE in FOMM, it gives me this little CMD box and a textbox that says:

You have the original retail version of Fallout. Please patch it to the latest version available from www.bethsoft.com

I've downloaded and installed the 1.7 patch and tried it again, to no avail. Then I wiped my game, reinstalled it, reinstalled Broken Steel, patched it to 1.4, then FOMM, then all my mods (about 7), then FOSE and tried it again. Doesn't work. I even tried using the beta FOSE that is supposed to work with 1.7-no luck.

fose_loader.log says this:

launching: Fallout3.exe (C:\Fallout 3\Fallout3.exe)

crc = 4614F449

You have the original retail version of Fallout. Please patch it to the latest version available from www.bethsoft.com.

Please help me!

Even with 1_7, you may encounter FOSE problems (as I currently do). In my case it's a Vista issue and my time has been taken up with other things than tracking the issue down (I will eventually and post the findings).

There's also the FOSE site and threads. You can post there and see what the gurus of FOSE come up with to help you.

If it still won't work, you'll have to uninstall FOSE for a bit, and any mods that require it, until you find a solution to the issue.