Alton, Illinois

ElijahHouck

Awesome. I can't wait to see this. I don't have GOTY, only BS/PL, so I'm probably out of luck, but still.. awesome.

I hope that I can get as good at this as you guys someday. I often find myself wandering around my own town lately, wondering what it would look like in the Fallout world. Mine is a quaint little southern town with a real town square and everything.

Right now, it requires a few extra DLC's- but after I find a way to remove those requirements it will only require BS ;) .

Ill keep an eye on this. If it looks quality, Id consider volunteering for your voice work needs, considering Im sitting next to a broadcast-quality microphone.

Sounds good, thanks for the interest.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this mod looks interesting, I will be keeping an eye on this :wink:

BTW you should put up some bigger images (they are sort of generic and indistinct)

The images can be clicked on to view larger sizes showing full detail ;) . I'll edit the post to clarify that.

I'm still planning on getting that building done, I've just been a bit busy lately.

There's no rush to finish, I'm just happy someone's making it :) .

I especially like the plane crash. All good mods spring from the creativity to do something new and surprising with the assets you have to work with. It's also a great way to put a player into a new area. The Pilot Error part reminds me me of 7:00 on in

when he pushes the Do Not Touch button.

Awesome. I can't wait to see this. I don't have GOTY, only BS/PL, so I'm probably out of luck, but still.. awesome.

I hope that I can get as good at this as you guys someday. I often find myself wandering around my own town lately, wondering what it would look like in the Fallout world. Mine is a quaint little southern town with a real town square and everything.

I'm doing a southern town, but without very much quaintness at all. There could be a whole collection of addon towns made by people like us who import their own area. IMHO it's even better and creatively easier to do that than create something from scratch because you get the perfect combination of imagination and reality. (your town has a layout for a reason, and even if you only copy the barest essence while putting on the falloutverse touch, that underlying sense of design and purpose will carry through)

All good mods spring from the creativity to do something new and surprising with the assets you have to work with.

so what you are saying is that people who build new assets for the game don't make good mods... thats kindof insulting... :(

You should get some massage oil after that epic stretch. What I said had nothing to do with making assets or not. That's like having a problem with me saying "Being able to paint a picture using only four colors is a sign of artistic talent" because it accuses makers of rare and challenging paint colors of not being good painters.

Good modding is like being a remix artist, making something new using things that already exists. If someone isn't good at doing that with just the stock game toybox, they aren't going to be good at it with a whole archive of custom made props, except in the sense of putting together something that has 'new' things to see but is otherwise aesthetically and playably bad.

If that offends you, I'm sorry.

Also, making new content for the game from scratch is still doing something new and surprising with assets, those assets just happen to be a game engine suite.

All good mods spring from the creativity to do something new and surprising with the assets you have to work with.

so what you are saying is that people who build new assets for the game don't make good mods... thats kindof insulting... :(

I have no words for how thoroughly you have worked to be insulted. You should get some massage oil after that epic stretch.

I wasn't really insulted, I just found what you said pretty funny.

But honestly, I don't beleive in working withing the bounds of what assets I have to work with. If I want something, and it isn't availble, then I will make it. Thats the whole point of modding...

I have nothing against people who just move around old assets and and make new and unique things out of them, but to say that ALL GOOD MODS come from that is just laughable.

I wasn't really insulted, I just found what you said pretty funny.

But honestly, I don't beleive in working withing the bounds of what assets I have to work with. If I want something, and it isn't availble, then I will make it. Thats the whole point of modding...

I have nothing against people who just move around old assets and and make new and unique things out of them, but to say that ALL GOOD MODS come from that is just laughable.

I said all good mods spring from that ability, I didn't say or remotely imply that they also must only consist of it. Hijack over.