RuneScape: Surprise

Danuve_Coil

Danuve here! :biggrin:

Ok... So... I was looking around the forums to see just what people are wanting nowadays (although I

could barely do anything to help :wallbash: ) and notice someone asking for RuneScape, and then verbally abusing

anyone who tried to say anything that actually made sense on the subject. :confused:

I myself am a veteran RuneScape player, and I understand now that it's basically World Of Warcraft

for kiddos. However, after looking at a few of the items in-game, I can see how they could possibly

fit into the world of Tamriel. Some of the elements in Jagex's MMORPG are actually pretty kick ass. :whistling:

I know that the graphics in RuneScape are basically just eyesores, but if you had a reference picture

that actually made it look GOOD. Such as in Final Fantasy 7 where everything was polygonal and they

updated looks and everything for it's sequals... :mellow:

I'm slightly artistic, and if anyone is willing to take the time and actually look at my drawings and think

about them before completely dubunking them, then there will be less RuneScape requests in the forums

and happier Oblivion players. :cool:

Basically what I'm saying is: Would you be willing to mod RuneScape items/weapons/armor/etc. into Oblivion

if I can provide images with much better quality?? :yes:

If you're polite and somehow provide images of good quality, modders will come. Courtesy works miracles.

ARE there good quality pics?

Well Kieranfoy, there are a wellspring of places you can go.

I will be sketching them out myself, and if I can't seem to get something right then I will go to my

favorite image site, DeviantART, and look for one myself. I'm especially looking for these robes

known as the Zamorak Vestments and trying to get a cooler version of Trimmed Armor sets

(armors such as Iron, Steel, Mithril, and Black armor with a secondary color)

When dealing with any request, typically there are four questions that the requester should ask themselves before posting anything.

1) Are there any images of decent quality which show the thing being requested, and feature either multiple views or all necessary angles which would be needed to get an idea of what the thing might look like, and serve as a basis for creating textures?

2) Was the request clear, respectful, and concise?

3) Was that which requested unique enough to be interesting (looks good even if you don't know the source), but simple enough in that it does not require months of work?

4) Was the request something which is technically practical, or is it something which the game just would not be able to manage in a way anyone would want to use (robes over armor)?

Although having these things in a request can help, they don't necessarily mean that the item will be made. You have to remember that meshers and texture artists don't owe you anything, and generally only work on things where they have an invested interest (why there are so many "sexy" armor mods and not enough normal ones). The last part is extremely subjective and dependent on the interests of those who bother to even read. Most requests fall on deaf ears because one or more of the above isn't present or is violated, but there are some which just come from sources that people aren't interested in, or don't want to be associated with.

Given the nature of the source in this case, there aren't many who would be willing to do it simply because they don't want to deal with a bunch of rude kiddies who are just going to end up requesting more. As is the case with almost every other game inspired mod; sometimes it's best to just not bring stuff from one game into the other since it never ends well. It's not the specific source that matters, it's the people who are associated with that source.