First Playthrough As Non-ideal Race/Class Combo. A Bad Idea?

Deleted2021903User

I know for my first play through I want to play as a Two-handed warrior. I am not sure how powerful they are but I like the satisfaction of powerful hits rather than a flurry for weaker hits. However, the Khajiit race I am leaning towards playing is more suited for assassin characters. I know Orcs are a strong race for 2-H but I hate their aesthetics and I do not enjoy playing as humans.

So how are important are the starting stats for races and would I be making a mistake choosing a 2-H W/ Khajiit combo?

starting stats and racial abillities are only important early in the game but quickly lose importance at mid level even the breton dragonskin lose its benefits at mid level

so unless you are a metagamer do not be concerne yourself much about it

it is more fun playing a character that is imperfect than a character build for maximum dps 3 digits after the decimal

Edited by kleinstaff

I just wanted to +1 the above. The starting stats are pretty much just that, at least in vanilla Skyrim w/o any mods that change leveling and/or racial bonuses. For the most part, you can close the gap between the races in a few levels, and a lot of the abilities either aren't super important or have similar spells, etc, that you can find later. A Khajiit warrior-type character sounds really cool, btw.

The race/class makes little diference really, but if it your first time and you care about roleplaying, my advise is: play as a Nord.

Just for immersion, especially if you want a warrior type. It'll give more weight to decisions you make through the game, more "internal conflict".

But if you dont care about it, it doesnt matter really.

Okay, I am glad that the starting skills are not very important later on in the game. It makes my decision easier to play as a Khajiit warrior.

I do not find it fun to play human characters so playing as a Nord is a not really an option for me. I guess I enjoy playing the "outsider" in these type of games.