Wow

Collin Dowdy

wow, man, you guys know more than i could ever hope to know. i mean, i played MW religiously (until Rome Total War came out) and i didn't know half that stuff yall do (i don't know how to put in a quote)

this is from the "Great Houses- an inconsistency" topic

RAIDER is correct those are the seven great house's. Presently when you are playing the game their are only 5 great house's from what i have gathered. Long before then there was the civil war within the great house's and House Dagoth and House Dwemer. However house Dwemer was not Dumner they where the Dwemer. The Dwemer are wiped out during the war and so are the Dagoth House untill they return and so on so forth. The other two house are located in the other parts of morrowind which does not include Vvardenfell which is just one part of Morrowind which takes up the North Eastern coast of the mainland. In all honesty The Elder Scrolls III should have been called Vvardenfell not Morrowind

-from Chaosmaker

Sorry, like i said i dont know how to do the quote thingy. But how do you guys know all this, do you just read the books or actually have volumes of this stuff on the internet?

and i really feel like a noob now............. 0.o

• 4 weeks later...
text

You can make a quote by placing the word quote in these brackets: [ ] . Then type the part that has to be quoted. To end your quote type /quote in those brackets.

Either that, or if you want to quote a post in the same topic, just click the little 'Quote' button right below the person's post. If you want to quote something from a different topic, what I suggest doing is finding the text you want, highlighting it, and go to the topic/new topic where you want to post it, then when typing, click the little speech bubble thing on the toolbar above the text area once, paste the quote, and click the speech bubble again. Either way is fine.

text

You can make a quote by placing the word quote in these brackets: [ ] . Then type the part that has to be quoted. To end your quote type /quote in those brackets.

Either that, or if you want to quote a post in the same topic, just click the little 'Quote' button right below the person's post. If you want to quote something from a different topic, what I suggest doing is finding the text you want, highlighting it, and go to the topic/new topic where you want to post it, then when typing, click the little speech bubble thing on the toolbar above the text area once, paste the quote, and click the speech bubble again. Either way is fine.

Actually, you click "Reply" at the bottom of that particular post. "Quote+" is also used for quoting multiple persons. For quoting in a new thread, you can click "Quote+", scroll to the top of the screen, and select new topic. However, as far as I know, this only works in the same subforum. Another point - you can use Quote+/Reply, select all the text so the author, date, and format of the quote are preserved, then paste in a new thread of your choosing.

As for the thread topic, PoW, alot of the people here read and post on the forums (these, possibly the official forums, and maybe others), and discuss Morrowind Lore and non-lore related topics almost every day, and have been doing so for quite some time. Although Morrowind is an extensive game, it is still finite, and with enough time, the truly devoted ascend to Guru status. However, not everyone here is a Guru - many just reiterate information they read elsweyr, and in this sense, they have become databases. (Although, technicially a Guru is a teacher, I feel the the word connotes a secondary meaning of someone who interprets the information they receive, and are able to digest this raw data, and deliver it in a form more suitable to mortal minds).

Archived