ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Head Collector Mod

TomGunn

Perhaps it could have been possible to just make them customized skulls instead? Like, maybe slightly retextured to have the same warpaint as the deceased, or the same hair, horns, helmet, or whatnot. Of course it wouldn't be as gritty and bloody as having the actual heads, but it could be a possible workaround...

Possibly made with either the Habd's Remains model, or the normal skull with a bleached white reskin. If we're talking about other things to make from your enemies how about shrunken heads? Those are oddly very similar to eachother and would only need a few variants.

Perhaps it could have been possible to just make them customized skulls instead? Like, maybe slightly retextured to have the same warpaint as the deceased, or the same hair, horns, helmet, or whatnot. Of course it wouldn't be as gritty and bloody as having the actual heads, but it could be a possible workaround...

Theres a mod like this already but I wasn't really looking for skulls. I think it was called "Headhunter" mod or something. But all it did was equip NPC's with a non unique skull item and no decapitation effect.

So essentially what Ishara found out is that the only way to do this is by making a unique mesh for each NPC. Well thats disappointing.

You could do a generic head per race per gender. It would need to appear rather beaten up so that discrepancies in NPC appearance and head appearance could be believable. However, I do like the idea of unique heads so that if someone wants they could put them on display.

Only reason that I would even mess with severed heads is to have a means of keeping track of the number of kill move decapitations I performed.

I remember one time where the NPC said something like "I'll have your head for this" and the next thing they knew, I was scissor cutting their head off :P

You could do a generic head per race per gender. It would need to appear rather beaten up so that discrepancies in NPC appearance and head appearance could be believable. However, I do like the idea of unique heads so that if someone wants they could put them on display.

Only reason that I would even mess with severed heads is to have a means of keeping track of the number of kill move decapitations I performed.

I remember one time where the NPC said something like "I'll have your head for this" and the next thing they knew, I was scissor cutting their head off :tongue:

Kind of like setting the head of a Talon company guy on a plate because of their "head on a plate" line in Fallout 3

Edited by Guest

I remember one time where the NPC said something like "I'll have your head for this" and the next thing they knew, I was scissor cutting their head off :tongue:

I guess i'll figure it out one way or another. Thanks for the help in poking around with the idea.

• 2 months later...

aaand this one's back from the dead :p

So I've finally gotten a generic head mesh attached to the decap gore part, and am ready to convert it to an asset for collecting in-game. The only thing that's holding me up now is texturing. I can specify a texture in NIFSkope, but my UVs are wonky - like shattered glass that was reassembled into the shape of a head.

I checked the UV map in NIFSkope, and it looks correct - it's the same as the vanilla map, just missing the lower neck (as was intended). The texture map I'm using is the vanilla map copy/pasted onto the decapped map.

Any ideas?

• 5 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IsharaMeradin, is it ok if I use your script for my mod HeadHunt? I had a hard time trying to get it to work and finally I managed to do it. When I kill the test npc and loot his head, the script does its job and replace the head for the assigned gore properly, though I had to duplicate the decap head in the CK, change the slots and add it as a property inside the script.
Naturaly, I will credit you and disable the mod for the donation points.

https://youtu.be/auABrkDL6tg

Edited by Krijanowsky