New To Mods

ashleyclark

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if it is not, please move it.

I am brand new to mods, and would like to know how the NMM works. I would like answers in layman's terms, so that this mod noob can understand.

I have Skyrim coming for my pc and it will be here on Thursday, along with the wired controller. There are a few mods that I am interesting in.

1. Breezehome fully ungradeable

2. Immersive armors

3. Apachii Skyhair

4. Race Menu

5. Apocalypse Magic of Skyrim

I understand that it is best to have the NMM download and install them, which is fine by me, cause I know nothing. Is there a certain order I should do these in??

Are there any suggestions for this noob that I should be aware of??

Hi !

First, welcome in the modding community ! Hope you'll have loads of fun here.

Second, you'l have no problems using those mods if you read carefully the installations requirements, and the required files. You can install those five mods in whatever order you want.

I strongly suggest that you check out this playlist :

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7DlYarj-DdhDG41roBVJfNCqvO5MmKP

It'll will teach you everything you need to know to have a stable modded game, and on how to mod your game further.

Remember that there's no reason that you, specifically, have problems on mods, if you are careful to read and research about the mods you install and your problems.

And happy modding to you !

For 99.9% of cases, it's best to click "Download With Manager". Then, just double-click the mod once it's downloaded and let NMM worry about it for you.

Those mods shouldn't cause issues, and you have good taste.

Recommendations:

Requiem

Thunderchild (by Apoc's author)

Deadly Dragons

Thank you very much for the info and the complement.

I was also thinking about adding the one for dragon and vampires where the npc's will run of there is a dragon attack and/or a vampire attack. I believe one is called Run for you lives and the other is When Vampires Attack. The thing is I do not know if one can have that many mods running at the same time. I have been looking and looking and these 2 and the ones that I have mentioned above are the only ones that interest me.

I was also thinking about adding the one for dragon and vampires where the npc's will run of there is a dragon attack and/or a vampire attack. I believe one is called Run for you lives and the other is When Vampires Attack. The thing is I do not know if one can have that many mods running at the same time. I have been looking and looking and these 2 and the ones that I have mentioned above are the only ones that interest me.

The actual limit is 256 esm and esp files. Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, and YourSavedGame.ess are always included, so the actual limit of additional mods is 253.

Of course, getting that many mods to run smoothly depends on what mods they are and what kind of rig you have.

Start slow, add one or two at a time, play for a few hours. Make sure your game is working before you add more mods.

IMO, the Unofficial Skyrim Patch and the corresponding patches for Dawnguard, Hearthfires, and Dragonborn are must have mods.

They fix a "bazillion" errors and bugs left in the originals by Bethesda.

The actual limit is 256 esm and esp files. Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, and YourSavedGame.ess are always included, so the actual limit of additional mods is 253.

Of course, getting that many mods to run smoothly depends on what mods they are and what kind of rig you have.

Start slow, add one or two at a time, play for a few hours. Make sure your game is working before you add more mods.

IMO, the Unofficial Skyrim Patch and the corresponding patches for Dawnguard, Hearthfires, and Dragonborn are must have mods.

They fix a "bazillion" errors and bugs left in the originals by Bethesda.

Being a noobie to mods, I just have to ask. What are the esm and esp files?? Are these the ending file names concerning the mods one downloads?? Like the ini file??

Thank you very much for the info. Boy do I have a lot to learn.

What would happen if I decided not to download and install the 4 patches you listed?? Will the mods I want to run still do so??

The only mods that I desire are the ones that I listed. So I guess I do not have to worry about reaching the limit. :smile:

Edited by ashleyclark