RAM: 4.00 GB (3.43 GB Usable)

im assuming windows 8 takes up more RAM then Win7. i have Win7 x64 and i have 7.89gb available (of 8gb)

but yea, the OS takes up some of your RAM. not sure if that amount taken up is normal for WIn8 or not. maybe someone with Win8 can check

im assuming windows 8 takes up more RAM then Win7. i have Win7 x64 and i have 7.89gb available (of 8gb)

but yea, the OS takes up some of your RAM. not sure if that amount taken up is normal for WIn8 or not. maybe someone with Win8 can check

I heard the OS is what is causing this, not sure though.

Processor: AMD E1-2500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.40 GHz

That's a Jaguar (Kabini) APU with an integrated GPU on-die, you have some RAM dedicated to the GPU which leaves 3.43GB is usable by the system. Same happens on Intels and AMDs with iGPUs, a certain amount of system memory has to be dedicated to the GPU for it to work since those have no VRAM like a dedicated graphics card.

To simplify - there's nothing to fix or worry about, it's normal. :smile:

I heard the OS is what is causing this, not sure though.

Processor: AMD E1-2500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.40 GHz

That's a Jaguar (Kabini) APU with an integrated GPU on-die, you have some RAM dedicated to the GPU which leaves 3.43GB is usable by the system. Same happens on Intels and AMDs with iGPUs, a certain amount of system memory has to be dedicated to the GPU for it to work since those have no VRAM like a dedicated graphics card.

To simplify - there's nothing to fix or worry about, it's normal. :smile:

Alright, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

My pc is windows 7 home premium. Am I using only 4gb of my 8 gb of ram if it is 32bit?

Yes. All x32 bit versions of Windows 7 can only use 4gb ram. (Starter can only use 2gb however)