Need some help here

lonewolfkai

Okay, I've got another strange problem. The computer I use at work is not updating the file upload histories, but the computer I use at home is. The work computer seems to be stuck on Oct.28, 2009 and will not update to the current days. I don't think its a firewall issue because the entire site would be blocked if it was. Any other suggestions?

I think this might be related to my "lost posts" issue I posted about earlier.

Mind letting us know what OS version and Browser version you are using at both locations?

Opera and Chrome are known to have some serious caching issues with this site.

LHammonds

Mind letting us know what OS version and Browser version you are using at both locations?

Opera and Chrome are known to have some serious caching issues with this site.

LHammonds

This is really strange. I couldn't even view the new post under my profile. I had to go through your profile to see the new post LHammonds. I'm running XP (sp3) and IE7 on my office computer; Vista 64bit with IE7 at home.

This is really strange. I couldn't even view the new post under my profile. I had to go through your profile to see the new post LHammonds. I'm running XP (sp3) and IE7 on my office computer; Vista 64bit with IE7 at home.
I'm going to recommend Firefox simply because I like it so much and has proven itself over and over again but you really should not be having this problem with IE7.

Let's see if this is related to cached files. Click on Tools, Internet Options and under the General tab, click the "Delete" button under Browser History. And then delete the "Temporary Internet Files." Close IE, open it again and see if the problem is resolved (for now). Let me know the results. (this is one of those times where it would be handy to have a "remote desktop" option to fix the problem for you. ;) )

Oh, if you are interested in trying Firefox, you can find it at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ or you can get a version that does not need to be installed and can run from a USB stick on any computer here: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

LHammonds

I'm going to recommend Firefox simply because I like it so much and has proven itself over and over again but you really should not be having this problem with IE7.

Let's see if this is related to cached files. Click on Tools, Internet Options and under the General tab, click the "Delete" button under Browser History. And then delete the "Temporary Internet Files." Close IE, open it again and see if the problem is resolved (for now). Let me know the results. (this is one of those times where it would be handy to have a "remote desktop" option to fix the problem for you. ;) )

Oh, if you are interested in trying Firefox, you can find it at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ or you can get a version that does not need to be installed and can run from a USB stick on any computer here: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

LHammonds

Thanks LH, I'll give that a try and let you know whats going on.

IE does not let you disable caching for just a specific web site. But you can modify caching a bit in your favor when visiting dynamic sites such as this by doing the following:

Click on Tools, Internet Options

On the General Tab, click Settings under Browser History (or whatever they call it in your version)

Change the slider setting about checking for newer versions from "Automatic" to "Every time IE starts"

LHammonds