"You can't fast travel when enemies are nearby"

ImOnlyHere

How can i get a mod that deletes it, is there any, or can someone make it, it ALWAYS happens when monsters aren't even nearby, i don't want to be able to teleport away from dungeons and when encumbered but only when this stupid "enemies are nearby" bullshit happens. Its making me quit the game that soo funny!!

So the mod I suggested to you in your earlier, similar post on 13 April in another forum didn't do what you wanted? It says it lets you fast travel when enemies are nearby. But if you've tried it and found that it doesn't suit you, maybe you should say what it was about it that didn't meet your expectations. That way anyone who might feel inclined to take up your request would know already what not to do for you.

Personally, I wouldn't quit the game over not being able to fast travel "when enemies are nearby". It's an annoyance all right when the game wants to throw this at you, but here's a couple more suggestions if you don't mind using the console in need:

type swdp (Say Who Detects Player) to find out what this "enemy" actually is, then go kill it;

or

type tcl (Toggle Collison) to turn off collision on yourself, fly up until you're out of range of the enemy's detection of you, fast travel from there, then restore your collision when you've arrived.

Anyway, good luck!

So the mod I suggested to you in your earlier, similar post on 13 April in another forum didn't do what you wanted? It says it lets you fast travel when enemies are nearby. But if you've tried it and found that it doesn't suit you, maybe you should say what it was about it that didn't meet your expectations. That way anyone who might feel inclined to take up your request would know already what not to do for you.

Personally, I wouldn't quit the game over not being able to fast travel "when enemies are nearby". It's an annoyance all right when the game wants to throw this at you, but here's a couple more suggestions if you don't mind using the console in need:

type swdp (Say Who Detects Player) to find out what this "enemy" actually is, then go kill it;

or

type tcl (Toggle Collison) to turn off collision on yourself, fly up until you're out of range of the enemy's detection of you, fast travel from there, then restore your collision when you've arrived.

Anyway, good luck!

Omg! Im sorry i don't remember making that thread hahah! thanks-

or

Anyway, good luck!

On another note, the mod didn't work, Its not that the game sometimes throws it at me, - its literally happening EVERY TIME I'm trying to teleport, safe in imperial city, doesn't matter. It's really hard playing a game that was made with the intention of fast traveling. Quests like "Allies with Bruma" is a pain.

Well, there are some more suggestions in this really, really old thread here at Nexus (there's even one from Dark0ne) that you might look into, if you haven't found it already yourself. Since it's interfering with a quest, you might try the "movetoqt" command that Switch suggested -- the OP reported that it worked for him.

Nice Bess ... your link twigged something for me (I knew there was a reason I'd keep coming back to look at this thread).

From the UESP Wiki walkthrough for the Miscarcand quest Bugs section:

If you choose to run from the King of Miscarcand and his Zombie Guardians, they will continue to chase you throughout Cyrodiil. You cannot fast-travel, wait, or sleep, as the game claims that there are enemies nearby, even though you may be miles from Miscarcand or invisible.
PC Only This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
You can fix this by traveling to any city and committing a crime. Pay your fine and you will end up outside the city's castle, where you'll be met by the King and his Guardians. The fight will be a lot easier than it otherwise would be because the guards will join in the fight. Once these enemies are dead, the game should return to normal. Entering an Oblivion Gate will also accomplish a similar effect. This has also been reported to occur even if the zombies have been killed.
It is possible to escape being hunted down by the King of Miscarcand and his decomposing duo by remaining undetected before and after you pick up the Great Welkynd Stone. An Invisibility spell or potion may help, as well as a strong Chameleon spell or potion.
You can also open the console and type player.scaonactor to cause every single enemy to stop attacking you, including the King and his zombies.
Edited by Striker879

Nice, Striker! ..."player.scaonactor"... [scribbling it into my big fat notebook of Things I Used to Know But No Longer Recall] -- I knew there was something else niggling at me; thanks for this :thumbsup: