GECK start up errors

Hididety

Hey I just got the GECK for the second time and I am having a couple of issues.

1 MODELS: cannot load CTL file

2 DEFAULT: cannot load the stars

I had to download some dll files to get it to even start up at all but now it just crashes. If any body knows where I can get the correct version of the dll's or another way to fix it please let me know by either PM or reply here. I am trying to make a mod with a buddy so I could really use the help.

Hey I just got the GECK for the second time and I am having a couple of issues.

1 MODELS: cannot load CTL file

2 DEFAULT: cannot load the stars

I had to download some dll files to get it to even start up at all but now it just crashes. If any body knows where I can get the correct version of the dll's or another way to fix it please let me know by either PM or reply here. I am trying to make a mod with a buddy so I could really use the help.

I could be wrong but It sounds like you tried to open the ESP/ESM files instead of launching GECK & then loading the files through "file>Data"

Also make sure GECK is installed to the same place as Fallout 3 or it wont work.

No dice LeeHarvey it still crashes. And as a side note I do have it installed in the same folder as my Fallout game and no I am not opening up the esm I am using the shortcut. I do have the patch as well but it won't let me install it it say "Can't find old file". I think it has some thing to do with some of the Vista updates I have gotten since the first time I had the GECK. When I installed it this time it said I was missing some .dll files, so I went and downloaded them but I am not sure that that all the files I have are the right version though so if some one could check what version of the .dll's that are in there system32 folder and post them here I think that will fix the issue.

libmmd

libogg

libvorbis

libvorbisfile

these are the .dll's that I had to get to make it even start up at all so if you can some how see what version of these you have with a working GECK I'd appreciate it.