Mercantile skill not increasing with Smarter Mercantile Leveling mod

brian03

I just started a new game and my mercantile skill stays stuck at 0% progress at skill level 5 even after selling many items. The progress bar seems to work normally after deactivating the Smarter Mercantile Leveling mod in my current game and with the mod activated in my previous game. It seemed to work fine the entire time throughout my previous game.

How does Enhanced Mercantile Progress compare to Smarter Mercantile Leveling? I'm considering using it as a replacement.

• 3 years later...

My skill has never gone up at all while using this mod. I'm lvl 17 now, and really only started thinking about the fact that my mercantile skill is STILL at novice level even though I've sold (and bought) 1000s and 1000s of god worth of items. My mercantile is stuck at 16.
I'm curious if this mod even WORKS with the Steam version of Oblivion and OBSE? I've got OBSE 0020, directly from the author's website http://obse.silverlock.org/

I'm using ver 1.65 of this mod as well.

For now I guess I'll just switch back to vanilla leveling, as much as it sucks. At least my skill will go up eventually.

Have a look in the mod comments at entries made by Screech (20th July 2010) and Godel (27th Oct 2010) and see if their findings apply in your case.

I'm using version 1.65.

Maybe you could consider using Oblivion XP if you prefer old RPG style leveling? No more using skills to level up. You kill, discover places, lock pick, finish quest, steal, create potions, all will reward you xp towards your next level and then you can customize how you want the skill points and stat points to be used. All customizable via ini of course.