ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

The origin of your Nexus username?

Birrii

DESDEMONA: Literary name derived from the Greek word dysdaimon, meaning "ill-starred."

Dezdimona: Named after my Great-Grandmother

Really? o.O

I thought you were inspired by Othello, the character Desdemona :P

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LeeHarvey is a nickname that I've had since I was in the Air Force.

When I was stationed in Okinawa, me and a bunch of guys I worked with played airsoft regularly. I had a habit of being a sneaky, devious sort and would hide in shadows and sneak around unseen. I would usually get my kills from long distances and had developed a reputation for ruthlessly stalking my fellow players and taking them out methodically one at a time. I also told them about my upbringing in a deeply conservative, right-wing firearm obsessed family, thus my friends and coworkers thought I was somewhat crazy. One day my supervisor said that he wouldn't be surprised to turn on the TV one day and see that I had just assassinated the President. That's when I was dubbed "Lee Harvey" by the people who knew me best.

When I joined Nexus two years ago, "LeeHarvey" was my first choice of username, but unfortunately it was already taken (by someone who only logged into this site once, :verymad: ). If by some miracle you read this, GIVE ME MY USERNAME!!! You sure aren't using it.

I'm not 100% sure of this but I think this is how my story goes:

Back when Warcraft 3 was released, I started playing it. As I decided to do a race change to undead rather than human I really liked the deathknight unit. Also, Arthas is one of my favorite characters in Warcraft lore, even after he killed his own father and joined the undead. So I took the name DeathKnight. But on the Nexus forums DeathKnight was taken so I used DeathWarrior instead.

Aziraphale is the Guardian of the Eastern Gate of Eden, Wielder of the Flaming Sword. Banished from Heaven for giving his Sword to Adam and Eve so that they could stay warm. He is now God's servant on Earth.

Or you could just read "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett.

The 001 is because Aziraphale was already taken.

DESDEMONA: Literary name derived from the Greek word dysdaimon, meaning "ill-starred."

Dezdimona: Named after my Great-Grandmother

Really? o.O

I thought you were inspired by Othello, the character Desdemona :P

sorry, no shakespere,just family name! :biggrin:

sorry, no shakespere,just family name!

Hm, I find (names of) family more important than (names of) people we haven't even met. (That has nothing to do with the great work he delivered.). I find it awesome you used it. :thumbsup: