Why is everybody so cleanly in the Capital Wasteland??

Krutz

Why are only the "Raiders" and "Wastelanders" so dirty. I'm kind of stickler for immersion and realism in games, especially RPG's. When I'm sifting through the thousands of mod's out there, I'm always searching for something that will bring me closer to the feel of the "original Fallout", while still keeping it realistic, to a point.

What I'm suggesting is a mod that convert's human NPC's to (you guessed it) look like "Raiders" or "Wastelanders" or what have you. I mean everyone except maybe the Vault Dwellers. For all I know, this mod may already exist, for if it does and you are reading this, please leave a link, that would be appreciated.

Thank You

I think you're confusing clean with potable. Since all the water in the Wasteland is irradiated and therefore not potable but it doesn't mean that it's not clean enough to bathe in.

Raiders and wastelanders just have poor personal hygiene :wink:

Who wants to bathe in irradiated water besides mutants, and ghouls. I know your joking, but you know what I mean, people should generally look dirty.

Who wants to bathe in irradiated water besides mutants, and ghouls.

People who don't want to die of infected rashes and lice bites. It'd only take a handful of sand and a little water to get clean (you'd still stink like a homeless drug-addict, but you'd be clean enough not to face serious health risks). Or if even that's too much exposure, they could always wash by coating themselves in brahmin butter and scraping it off with a blunt knife.

If you ever worked a day in your life, you have probably come home dirtier than some of these raiders and wanderers. In a world as harsh as depicted in Fallout, day to day life would be a hard and dirty job.

For people who probably don't bathe every day, I'd think they would be a little dirtier, but these people almost shine they are so clean.