player.additem not working...

Cyberweasel89

Hi. No matter what I do, the Console Command "player.additem" isn't working.

I type in "player.additem", followed by the ID, followed by the amount, then the "100" that isn't necessary, but I add it anyone since that's how I learned to do it and it's become a habit.

And no matter what item I want to add, I always get this message:

SCRIPTS: Script 'SysWindowCompileAndRun', line 1:

Item '(ID)' not found for paramete object ID.

Compiled script not saved

Now, I'm well aware that this means I got the ID wrong. But I've done it again and again with multiple items, checking and double checking, and the ID is always correct. But the Console tells me otherwise.

And this isn't my first time using the Console. I'm a bit of a Console angel. I've used it thousands of times. And this is the first time this has happened. I have no idea what's going on... Can a problem with a mod cause this? Doesn't seem possible...

Anyway, if anyone can help me, please, that would be great.

Hi. No matter what I do, the Console Command "player.additem" isn't working.

I type in "player.additem", followed by the ID, followed by the amount, then the "100" that isn't necessary, but I add it anyone since that's how I learned to do it and it's become a habit.

And no matter what item I want to add, I always get this message:

SCRIPTS: Script 'SysWindowCompileAndRun', line 1:

Item '(ID)' not found for paramete object ID.

Compiled script not saved

Now, I'm well aware that this means I got the ID wrong. But I've done it again and again with multiple items, checking and double checking, and the ID is always correct. But the Console tells me otherwise.

And this isn't my first time using the Console. I'm a bit of a Console angel. I've used it thousands of times. And this is the first time this has happened. I have no idea what's going on... Can a problem with a mod cause this? Doesn't seem possible...

Anyway, if anyone can help me, please, that would be great.

You need to change first two digits with MOD INDEX from fallout mod manager...

Id is changed with load order...01 works only if mod is after fallout esm

lets say id is from the mod that is loaded on 5 place-you need to chance 01 to 05

(fallout esm is not counted it always starts with 00)

example- 0199999 would be 0599999 if mod is loaded on 5 place

if its an item thats included in the original Fallout game, leave the 0's example: if the ID should be: 0001234 go with player.additem 1234 100

also consider, that you have to use the BaseID (meaning the ID the game gave the object as a whole itself, god this sounds stupid, lets try this different: if you click on an item in game and use that ID it will never work, cause thats not the BaseID thats the ID for that 1 item at that specific location, thats also the reason you need to know the ID before you start the game)

the only reason clickin on NPC's/creatures and using that ID works is because nearly all of them are persistent refs.

and towards your other problem, have you tried 29 instead of 30 ? (given that Fallout.esm is 00, the 30th in the loading order would then be 29xxx)

so to see if you make a simple mistake by using the wrong ID, check the fallout wiki objectID list, write down the id for 1 item and check if you actually get the same number in FO3edit or wherever you check the ID (I'd use GECK for that)

Sorry. I wasn't specific enough. Lemme explain some more. Sorry about the confusion. ^^U

First off, I'm a Console -----. I know every single Console Command by heart, and I've used most of them several times. In the case of player.additem, I've used it so many times that I can't possibly count that high in a single lifespan. So I'm no newbie to the Console. This is a legitimate problem that I've never had before in my extensive Consol experience.

Related to that, I've checked and double checked the ID for the item several times. I'm typing the ID exactly as it says it is in both FO3edit and FOMM.

Secondly (or thirdly if you count above), I feel I should mention that this is an item in a mod. Actually, it's several items in two different mods. Neither mods are letting me add any items to the game with player.additem, even though I'm typing the IDs exactly as they are written in FO3edit. In addition, I must reiterate, I'm using the IDs gathered from FOMM, replacing the first two digits with the two digits in the load order of FOMM. Again, this has never happened before. I've used player.additem for adding modded items countless times. This is the first time it's done this.

Thirdly (or fouthly), I'm using quite a number of mods. I had so many that I was forced to uncheck a few and do without them (mostly the useless ones) because they were seriously fudging up my game. If anything, I suspect this problem may be related to mod load order, a conflict of mods, or a mod affecting the console on it's own without conflicting with another mod.

However, of the three theories just above, I'm not sure if mods or mod conflicts are actually capable of affecting the Console.

Oh, and I'm not using ref IDs by clicking items in the game. I'm trying to add items to my inventory that I've never had before and never seen before, using only the IDs from FO3edit and FOMM (as a backup).

I hope that clears things up. Sorry for the confusion, and I hope the information allows you to help me better. Thank you for your help, as I'm sure anyone capable of piecing together modding problems is pretty busy.

If this is a brand new problem not experienced before, I seriously hope nothing is wrong with my game...

Uhhh... What? I'm not allowed to say "-----"? Not even in "console -----"? What about "poll -----"?

No? Not even in "poll -----"?

That's really weird... what's wrong with "-----"? I mean, it's not like any kids use this site, right? I mean, what tyke plays games as complicated as the ones detailed on the Nexus? More importantly, what tyke is capable of running through, ordering, and checking all the mods they download for Fallout 3? For that matter, what type can actually download mods for Fallout 3?

Oh, god... I'm reminded of that GameFAQs hellhole... with the suffocating rules... the oppressive moderators... the incredibly primitive board format that doesn't allow avatars, links, images, sigs separate from the actual post, and any piece of formatting whatsoever aside from bold and italics... ----, I need a paper bag, stat... o_O