Help with custom race.

mauvaismeridium

As a ps: When creating a custom race, you can't just create the adult version. You have to provide for young and old as well (the ages are linked). If you didn't provide for that in your custom race, it's probably creating an issue when you are in "toddler" stage (and no doubt later at the birthday party scene and for a quest later on -- no spoiler :D ).

I've used custom races (raider, Alice, Tribal Caucasian) and had no issues whatsoever. So what I've mentioned is the only thing I can think of to be a probable cause.

and also remember that you have to have presets for the custom race in order to use it

if you just make a custom race and don't have any facegen presets, then the game crashes

Great comment, Tony! That's what I get for assuming that had been done as part of a custom race creation. The same goes for eyes, hairs etc. for your custom race. If you don't add those in, needless to say you won't have much choice in-game ... and again, are likely to crash Fallout3 at character creation time.