Looking for a mod to increase max defence

Pherion

I'm looking for a mod that increases maximum physical dfence. Like, there is no point on making new armors to the game if you can only get 85 of dfence. And with magic you can go above 100.

Soo, i would love to break that stupid little limit of 85. Is there a mod for that or any way to change it?

at 100% you take absolutely no physical damage from anything other than reflectdamage effects. You may as well just turn on god mode. The purpose of capping things at 85 is to make it so the player can't be made totally invulnerable without cheating or stacking resistmagic/reflectdamage. By and large, the main point of armor mods is to have some flashy new equipment, or equipment with special enchantments that provide other advantages without removing all of the challenge in playing the game.

Put it as simple as possible, the rating can only be changed for ALL armors. Which basically means you'll be able to play the whole game without damage regardless of the armor...as you're probably intending to..it would just be the same as cheating. I've seen a lot of people complain about the incompetence of things not being whole/ 100 %...some things aren't meant to get there. If you'd like it's fine of course, but don't find it strange that none or perhaps just a single one is willing to create it as this is just basically running in god-mode. If you enstranged of this response, telling that "there is no point on making new armors to the game" is a bit strange if you're asking someone to change things at the same level.

I agree completely with those who say that increasing the max armour rating would harm the game, but the choice is yours to play the game the way you want to.

I believe the Game - Setting you are looking for is fMaxArmorRating (default 85). Make the change using the CS (Construction Set) and save to a new esp.

I see what you people mean. But i was hoping for more. Basically we just gotta make cool armors with some awesome enchantments. Though, weapons its a whole different story. :)

There's really no such thing as awesome enchantments for armor. Either it is something which is fairly balanced alongside other enchantments, or is something which grants the wearer practical immunity to one or more types of things. This is why most armor mods don't come with any set enchantments, but instead allow the player to enchant them in game using the normal system.

As I tried to explain, the intentions for most armor mods is not to give the player superior defense or ability, but instead to give the player some sort of intended appearance. Most overhaul mods change the leveling system enough to where you aren't always having to run around in the best armor just to survive, and as a result, can wear things simply because you like how they look. People mod one aspect so that they have freedom to use another.

But yes, all it is is a simple game setting change. In vanilla Oblivion, there shouldn't be too many instances where NPCs will be running around with 100 defense (mostly just those with heavy armor and shield spells), so it would mostly apply to just the player.

Well, if its a armor from some ancient warrior that used to protect him from some great evil it can't have a stupid enchant like more 5 endurance points. This is what i mean!

These armors should be special. Like the Knight's of the nine Cruzader's armorset.