Age of Pirates: Carribean Tales modding.

Strangeman

Hey, I decided to share this with you. It\\\'s a pretty awesome discovery in case there\\\'s still any AOP fans out there. There -is- a really easy way to mod Age of Pirates: Carribean Tales. Since the programming is based upon only LUA rather than C++, any idiot can do it. But first I will give you some basic info about the game in case you think this is interesting but haven\\\'t played the game:

Genre: RPG

Released by: Atari

Multiplayer: Yes, but not MMO.

Description: Age of pirates is a pirate RPG featuring alot of fun quests, a rich storyline, realistic settings and geography and fast-paced swashbucking and seafights. It\\\'s open-ended and features alot of other features such as missions and even the ability to capture cities and ports to run them as your own.

There, in case you wheren\\\'t familiar by it, now you are. The game has good graphics, but not too good (IE: Requires a good system to use it.). But thing is that this game can be modded. Nobody else seems to be aware of this, I\\\'ve looked everywhere. So I am posting this in case there\\\'s a AOP fan out there or someone who just finds it interesting to check it out.

You basicly just open up the game files and look into the program folder. There you will find tons of files, all of these may seem impossible to open, but they can all be opened by the notepad. These are the files that\\\'s most essencial to mod:

--------------------------------------

Program/characters/characters_init.c

Here you will find tons of lines to modify about the main character.

You can edit the model, the basic skills, starting items, starting ships.

Anything related to the characters.

Program/cannons/cannons_init.c

This is for modding the cannons that can be purchased for one\\\'s ship.

Just like in character_init, the lines are pretty self-explanatory.

Program/ships/ships_init.c

This file is for editing the ships, like amounts of cannons, speed, turning speed, things like that.

Program/items/Items_init.c

Here you can edit all of the items ingame, edit weapon\\\'s damage, zoom level on the spyglasses, selling/buying price on them, things like that.

NOTE:

On the pistols, there is a line called \\\"Qcharge\\\", this defines the amount of shots a pistol has per battle.

MODELS:

To find models, wich can be changed. Look in \\\"Reasource/ships, characters, items\\\", or whatever you need. Then enter the file\\\'s name without the extension to where you need to change the model. Like to change the main character\\\'s model, look for where it says \\\"devilo\\\" or something like that, and replace it with something like \\\"head_pir\\\" or some other model name.

This is basicly it, I know that it\\\'s problably not very interesting to people, so I whent through the basics, anyone who knows the basics of LUA can mod without any problems. I hope someone may find it usefull. So that\\\'s it, maybe it will catch on to someone. It\\\'s a great RPG, even though it\\\'s not the newest of games. Enjoy!