Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow - I wish..

johnafrica

Had this mod before, and I find it to be truly ace.

However, this time around, it doesn't really work. I mean, I have the settings thingamajig in my inventory, and when I test it, it works like two charms and a reindeer, complete with radiation and all. The problem is that the cycle just never starts by itself. When I started a new game, I do get the "Rain added" pop-up, but I disagree slightly with that opinion, as I have not so far seen a single drop of rain or a flake of snow.

The mod is said to be fully compatible with anything, which makes perfect sense, as I can't see anything it could collide with. It is even loaded last in my queue (tried various other options as well), but there is just no weather effects - at all.

I've googled this a lot, but can't find anything about it. Anyone had this problem? Anyone know a way to run the script which starts the cycle? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

+10 Karma and 1000 Internet points to anyone who can solve this task.

Hmm. I don't have any problem with it at all, then again I use it in junction with Fellout so it rains pretty much anywhere. I turned of the radiation one though. The constant sound irritated me.

Also, did you make sure to put the meshes and textures in? If you had it before you might need to update them? Not sure..

I like having the rads.. Aiming for realism, so having rain be an unpleasant thing to be avoided is kinda cool. Also using Fellout.. Which doesn't make a difference either way.

I had the mod on an older installation, but yeah, the mod should be correctly installed, so I really don't get why it behaves like this.. Or, doesn't behave at all.

The issue is very likely a mod-conflict issue. Get ElministerAU's must-have FO3Edit utility and Miax's great FO3Edit Guide - Web-enized to learn how to use the utility to find and resolve mod conflicts. That happened to me before I learned to use FO3Edit, Enhanced Weather runs like a charm now.

I have the same problem. I'll often hear an odd little brief 'crunch' sound through the speakers, and that's generally the sign that it was trying to trigger a rain/snow effect. I find that if I press T and wait an hour after hearing the sound it will almost always begin the rain/snow effect.