Walking and running effects

Cruzifixio

Hey guys I've been recently fiddling with the CK and was wondering if it would be possible to add an effect of dust to the feet while walking, running or jumping.

Also a visual effect for sprinting similar to gears of war where the image blurs and the FOV widens to add dramatism...

Anyone could give an idea for where to start looking to try and add such effects?

I am sure there is already mods that do this. I think to make this you would need to make a new effect (I don't think it can be done with CK) I also think it would require scripts as well

Edited by Ball11

This is as close as you'll get, more than likely: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22745/?

And yes, it does use a lot of scripting. Be careful with it, in my experience it can actually make your game somewhat unstable when using it with a lot of quest mods and other script-heavy mods (like UFO, AFT, any follower "overhauls" that add dialogue and new functions, anything that changes the way AI or NPCs behave, etc)

Edited by DeltaWulf

This is as close as you'll get, more than likely: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22745/?

And yes, it does use a lot of scripting. Be careful with it, in my experience it can actually make your game somewhat unstable when using it with a lot of quest mods and other script-heavy mods (like UFO, AFT, any follower "overhauls" that add dialogue and new functions, anything that changes the way AI or NPCs behave, etc)

Thanks for the heads up, I was about to install this.

I was looking at Important Information Overhaul wich does nice screen effects and I was looking into it's files but I'm lost, I know a bit of how scripting works but I still got lost... Guess I could ttry to make a request for the mod in exchange for something... Still I wish I ccould do it...

You can do this pretty well without scripting but it would require a part of Skyrim modding few ever get into, effect shaders.

You create the effect of dust at the feet, make it a magic effect with the condition of the player has to be moving greater than or equal to XX speed and that's it.

For instance look at the Ebony Mail armor, the effect only shows up when you start sneaking but the hardest part of this is creating the visual effect.

You can do this pretty well without scripting but it would require a part of Skyrim modding few ever get into, effect shaders.

You create the effect of dust at the feet, make it a magic effect with the condition of the player has to be moving greater than or equal to XX speed and that's it.

For instance look at the Ebony Mail armor, the effect only shows up when you start sneaking but the hardest part of this is creating the visual effect.

Woah!!! thanks for the heads up!

What I want is a sprint effect to be applied (maaybe a blur effect too) so I was thinking of a similar effect to the Whirlwind Sprint. Maybe I can just duplicate, rename and edit that!

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: How do you set the condition?

Edited by Cruzifixio