how many members here were in the army

GETbacon

were you in the army  

18 members have voted

1. 1. were you in the army

• yes
    • no
    • resurves

ummmmm... how did this turn into the flat foot thread. fgsfds!!! so since every one has sorta lost track here are the rules:

1. were you in the military, anyone of them I don't care.

2. The reserves are like cats... there fine too.

3. post to keep relivent (on reflection this might classifies the foot thing)

ok, now since the rules are reestablished lets' move on.

...1. were you in the military, anyone of them I don't care...

I was in the Navy for a while. I had one of those jobs that nobody is allowed to discuss in detail, which caused me to be needed in a lot of very interesting places. I've been posted in an Air Force billet and an Army billet because they have no MOS equivalent to what I did. I have served with Marines, mostly in the 2651 MOS, I've done counter-narcotics in the Caribbean and I've had the great pleasure of working with both SEAL Team 5 and the Royal Navy and I've met the Presidents/Prime Ministers/Ambassadors of several countries.

Unfortunately, having such an exciting career means that there is a really good chance that sooner or later you're probably going to get a Purple Heart.

... Im in the Marines. I havent left for boot camp yet ...

Then you are not in the Marines. Your enthusiasm is admirable, but proclaiming to be what you are not... I've seen that this is sometimes offensive to people who have actually earned those accolades. The Marines are a particularly tight-knit group and will no doubt welcome you with open arms after you earn your way. Until then, it's more accurate to say you're in DEP (or whatever they're calling the delayed entry program now).

There are a lot more service(wo)men registered on the Nexus than those who have replied in these two military-themed threads. They seem to be avoiding these topics like the plague, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

my country has a conscripted army so if you are born in the country with a penis and testicles, they own you.

so yes, i was in the army.

Combat engineers.

2 years of active duty and 10 years reservist cycle

just finished my last reservist cycle early this year, so i am basically done with the army unless they do something crap and called me up