how buggy is "dragon age" at the moment?

mooncarver

A bug ive noticed is that for a melee fighter the talents some of them dont stack.

eg if you activate powerful swings first and then Precise Striking the precise striking stats replace out the powerful swings

bonus you got. Even though it says both of them are active at the same time.

i noticed this because both talents are supposed to boost your damage. my damage boosted when i activated powerful swings but

then went down when i activated precise striking. (because precise striking doesnt give as much of a damage boost as powerful swings)

there is probably quite a few more talents that are not stacking properly. its annoying as it seems that in some cases only the last talant you activate

has any effect on your final combat stats. (even though you might have 3 talents running and using up your stamina)

Some things that I've noticed.

Events based on enemy death will sometimes lag due to the confirmed memory leak. Interacting with certain characters during this time will cause the event prior to combat to repeat. I've had this happen to me in the Fade and at the end of the Orzammar quest.

Haste and momentum not only do not stack but also negate the attack speed effect.

Minimizing during a cut scene will occasionally cause the game to crash.

lol that's funny LLTailor, didn't notice that as i had Oghren in my party.

also something to say about the bugs > the combat tactics of your party seems to be either a little buggy or confusing. when you set it up things might not go as you want them to be, mostly because of other factors ingame that are involved but sometimes the AI doesn't do the action.

conclusion: if you are on normal or higher you have to keep monitoring your party. this is intended by Bioware but you have to adjust no matter if you have experience in rpg games or not...

Aside from Tactics only seeming to work when they want to, even when set up properly, ive only had one issue which is a random crash i had.

But i only had the crash once so im chalking that up as just a random fluke.