GameGuides

WaLkAwaY

95% of the time I purchase a game I also purchase either the official game guide from PRIMA or the unofficial game guide by Brady Games (depends on which one is available at the time) PRIMA guides seem better so I prefer them. Just wanted to know if there was anyone else that did this?

Nope. I'm one of those kinds of players that are pleasently surprised to stumble upon that which everyone else has known for over a year. :whistling:

LHammonds

That made me smile, it is so true. I played D2 for years spending countless hours rummaging and stuff then someone told me you could press [shift] I think and it highlights all the things on the ground. Also I went through I think Morrowind and half way I got tired of trying to find cities so I went and bought a guide. I do however like just finding things sometimes but I also like stuff right away. Plus it gives you hints and tricks, key short cuts and loads of useful stuff when you get a guide.

i collect guides too.

sometimes i dont even read them, i just feel like its a way of 'completing the collection'.

ie. game guides fall right onto my shelf along with the novels, magazines and other such stuff related to a specific game i might be obsessed with lol.

Did it for GTA, Halo, Zelda... Everquest... etc.. oh and action figures go on the shelf too... .... yes there are several shelves lol

i collect guides too.

sometimes i dont even read them, i just feel like its a way of 'completing the collection'.

Hey you are right, I never even thought of it that way but it makes perfect sense. Maybe that's why I do it too, I mean I think I usually read them but still maybe a little part of me thinks of it as the "whole package".

When I used to *coughs* Play pokemon *coughs* I always bought the guides. Helped me get items, helped me in battles and they were just fun to read and collect

I hardly buy them now, I just liketo explore myself and see what I find.

I've actually never bought one. I can see why people do, it's probably quite handy to have around the house in some cases, but I don't feel like I need it. But I probably should get one or two some time. A friend of mine bought the guides for WoW and Oblivion, and I enjoyed leafing through them, and I did learn a few things I didn't look up on the websites. So maybe I'll start picking up gameguides as well sometime in the future.

The only games I would have bought guides for are those games that are typical for "Guide Dang It" moments. And that was before I had a stable internet connection and could check for help when I got stuck.

More often I end up having to print up guides for people I know who are having a problem with their console games, won't stop talking about it, and don't have an internet connection or printer themselves. For moments like that you really have to thank the people who put together walkthroughs on Gamefaqs for keeping you sane.