music editor

TheCalliton

Hmm... We work on FL Studio 5 in schools, and we have enough keyboards. When I do some work with my friends, is usually when we're bored and we use school music room. I just bring my Memory Stick, make some music and put it on it. There's shared files folder, so I can see my friends' work.

Guitar Pro is a good program for doing guitar music on the computer. Its a tab editor, so you can just type in guitar tabs, and then play through them. It does have drum noises as well. The sounds could be better, but it gets the job done very well. Its especially good for learning guitar tabs, but its designed primarily for composers, so it should be what youre looking for.

You have to pay, and I'm not sure if theres a free trial or not, but its easy enough to get hold of if not.

I've never used FL Studio, but I use Guitar Pro a lot, and it is prettty good if you just want to hear how it would sound, but if you wanted it to use properly as a music creator I wouldn't recommend it. Ideally you want Cubase, but it's expensive.