Diablo 3

Dark0ne

A while back I was on IGN and they had something about Diablo III on there... but it was just rumour talking... The only thing I don't want is to have to to pay to play online... saying some WoW aspects will leak onto D3... I hope its not pay per month :P

I'd still like to see Starcraft 2 :O

Well, if it follows all the norms of the Diablo series, then it should be both single and mulitplayer, with Free access to the multiplayer part.

Thats what I hope... just because Diablo 1, and Diablo 2 were both free Battle.net... but it depends how indepth it is... it might just be like WoW, Diablo Style.

I will believe it when I see it. I am sure there are many people out there who make up these stories, and compile a bunch of parts from different rumors, make up a few, and put these stories out there so they can laugh at the people who believe them.

If it is true, then awesome, the game sounds great, with some nice touches on gameplay. It seems to be taking a whole different course from the other Diablo games, like instead of the third person 'overhead' view, we have a third person close up.

The battle between heaven and hell seems like a good story line as well. They could do alot of cool stuff with that, if this is indeed all true. Let's hope it is.

Just like other people said, I am sure that Diablo 3 will be released sometime by Blizzard, because it would be stupid not to, so if this isn't true, we will see it sometime.

Now we just need Starcraft 2...

• 1 year later...

So far, the closest thing you can get to Diablo 3 is Hellgate: London.

Sure, it's a different era (as well as world), but it's actually being developed by the same team that made Diablo in the first place.

So please don't ruin it, Flagship Studios!

• 2 weeks later...
It'd be really, really great if D3 came some day... but I guess Hellgate: London will do, if the similarities are much implemented. I loved D2 because of its story, atmosphere and the great action didn't hurt the experience either. HL will become my next replacement for another Diablo game, I guess... :unsure:

It'd be really, really great if D3 came some day... but I guess Hellgate: London will do, if the similarities are much implemented. I loved D2 because of its story, atmosphere and the great action didn't hurt the experience either. HL will become my next replacement for another Diablo game, I guess... :unsure:

I wouldn't hope too much for an epic story in Diablo 3. It's a Hack'N'Slash genre, not a poem.

Still, would be fun to see how Diablo comes back from the grave this time... :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...