Argonian, Khajiit, And Orc

Dilvish

Screenshots Link:

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/691/691326p3.html

What are your reactions to the updated appearance of these three races?

I liked playing with beast-race (and orcish) characters in Morrowind and I am pleased about their look for Oblivion. Scarvan, Ogrosh, and Talasma look like real people. The coloring and large, slit-pupil eyes of Scarvan are great. Ogrosh seems to embody the steadfast courage of the Orcs. I wish it was a better picture of Talasma. She looks as sweet as moon sugar.

Well, I'm particularily impressed with the Khajjit's, they look great! The Argonians are also pretty cool, especially the eyes. I'm glad that the orcs aren't too bad either.

I think I'll be much more inclined to paly these races in oblivion, especially the Khajjit.

I still have a small amount of concern, however, for the Dunmer. Fingers crossed that they are nothing like what I have seen so far.

well, the demo video from E3 on the Oblivion codex website showed a dunmer in it. He looked pretty good...AND sounded great too, the gravely Dunmer voice was done to a T.

I don't care how they look, just so long as it's a step up from Morrowind. But the ogre and khajit look good, especially the ogrish armor; it looks way better than what it was in MW. I'm still not feeling the argonians though. Not that I ever play their race or hte others, but still, their bodies are too humanoid. Does anyone know for sure if Beth stated that they would have no tails? Thought I read that somewheres...

The beast races still have tails. Their lower bodies are more humanoid than in Morrowind and they can wear regular footwear.

Dunmer Screenshot:

http://www.waiting4oblivion.com/images/scr.../oblivGS04B.jpg

The dunmer look like gray-skinned Englishmen to me now. I hope the many sliders in character creation will let me make a more thin and desicated looking Dark Elf. They weren't one of my favorite races in Morrowind. Maybe I'll like them more in Oblivion.

Surly bastards.

They all look pretty good to me. ^^ I'll be much more encouraged to play beast races now, methinks.

As Vaanic says though, the new look of the Dunmer does concern me. From what I've seen of them I definitely preferred the old look. But with all the customisation options maybe it's possible to make one look good.

Its a shame they changed the legs of Argonians and Khajiit, I kinda like that... but i guess it had to be done since we are going to have mounts now.

to be quite honest with you, I think Beth was going for a "realistic" look when it came to developing the Elvish races. I mean, the dunmer do sort of look like about what I'd expect them to if I saw them in real life. The high elves also look nothing like they did in MW, thankfully. But for Dark elves, the reason I belive they aren't thin and gaunt-looking is because they're in the lush, water rich area of Cyrodil. Remember, Vvardenfell was a blasted heath and dry as a bone in most places. The results we see here could be merly a result of climate, these are the more pampered Dunmer, not the nomadic Ashlanders. Still, kudos for charGen, you could make a Dunmer look like he was from the Ashlands. That's what I'm planning on doing.

While I do like the look of the Orc, I preferred their armour in Morrowind.

I agree with that. In Morrowind the Samurai-based armour was pretty damn cool looking. I can see that they've gone for a more Barbarian approach here. I'm not such a big fan of that style.

Well, at least I know that the Mythic Dawn Armour rocks. :)

Archived