A mod request - respawn limit reset

Guest Dominik

Guest Dominik

Farming is pointless and stupid. I'm glad Fromsoft removed it.

I never thought I will have to deal with casuals, who thing there is nothing interesting in Souls PVE and you should basically run through the level and never turn back. Not everyone spends long hours on farming in Souls games!!
The point I'm trying to make is PVE in Dark Souls in not much fun, as I can clean an area out of mobs in less than an hour :D I wish I could keep the mobs to play, learn their move sets and learn how to parry them whenever I want.
And bonfire ascetics can't fully satisfy me, because red phantoms also are gone (although I just started playing with them...).
I bet you guys are using bonfire teleportation and can't parry anything, so I don't expect you to understand me :D

I'm sorry, you think because it takes less than 15 times for me to learn most of an enemy's moveset, that makes me casual? Wtf.

I explore as much as I can find, and I don't warp unless I have to.

Removing enemy spawns after a number of kills was a good decision. It weeds out the noobs and casuals who just want to power level through the whole game without getting any better. Evidently there are a lot of those people in this thread.

I respect From decision and I respect your opinion, but tbh you missed the point. My previous post describes it well enought, but to summarize: I requested the mod, because Souls games for many players aren't about pushing forward; we want to stick around for more than 15/30/45 times.

I started my first playthrough with the following rules: base level sorcerer, no healing items/miracles, parry a lot. It didn't take a lot to hit this despawning cap (mele only) and hell it wasn't diffcult to clear the whole arena out of mobs. Also it wasn't better after bonfire ascetic. The game patted me in the back and essentially told me "don't worry, it doesn't matter if you don't get it right or not, you suffered enough, let me remove enemies for you".

No, damn it! This is supposed to be Dark Souls! I wish the game were more like "don't worry, there always will be something exciting waiting for you".

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lordcrekit

Different people like different things. That's why you want to offer flexibility. Just because you like it one way, or a LOT of people like it one way doesn't mean everyone does. Personally I can't stand pvp. I just don't like it. I'm also OCD and playing anything where I can't have some renewable all but gives me a migraine.

Guest Trul

Farming is pointless and stupid. I'm glad Fromsoft removed it.

I never thought I will have to deal with casuals, who thing there is nothing interesting in Souls PVE and you should basically run through the level and never turn back. Not everyone spends long hours on farming in Souls games!!
The point I'm trying to make is PVE in Dark Souls in not much fun, as I can clean an area out of mobs in less than an hour :D I wish I could keep the mobs to play, learn their move sets and learn how to parry them whenever I want.
And bonfire ascetics can't fully satisfy me, because red phantoms also are gone (although I just started playing with them...).
I bet you guys are using bonfire teleportation and can't parry anything, so I don't expect you to understand me :D

I'm sorry, you think because it takes less than 15 times for me to learn most of an enemy's moveset, that makes me casual? Wtf.

I explore as much as I can find, and I don't warp unless I have to.

Removing enemy spawns after a number of kills was a good decision. It weeds out the noobs and casuals who just want to power level through the whole game without getting any better. Evidently there are a lot of those people in this thread.

Apparently you are retard or something as you don't seem understand that some of us asked for infinite spawning but with NO souls/item drop after you killed enemies a certein number of times insted of wiping them from existence, so we woud not use it to level up. Now please if you are not interested on this GTFO.

Yeah, people usually use the excuse that From Soft wanted to prevent farming.

If From Soft really want to prevent farming there are other ways to go about it, like stop the npcs from giving any souls/drops after a certain point instead of removing them completely. So no, it is NOT about farming. It is about more accessibility to attract more casuals.

There is a cheaty way of removing respawn limit, but it requires Cheat Engine.

1. Give yourself infinite bonfire ascetics
  2. Ascetic an area repeatedly to find the value for bonfire intensity
  3. Edit the value to 1 and lock it
  4. Browse the memory region for that value to find the bonfire intensity values for other areas

Once you get all the bonfire intensity values you can then disable infinite bonfire ascetics and use them as an item to respawn enemies.

Not this is only ONE way of doing this, I would have much prefer if after 15th respawn enemy gave 10% of souls he normally gives.

Guest Trul

@taro8

did you tried this? there is a way to find the value for bonfire intensity?

I've looked for the value for respawn limit for a mob, but found nothing :sad: I'm going to do it your way right now! :D

Guest Guest

There is a cheaty way of removing respawn limit, but it requires Cheat Engine.

1. Give yourself infinite bonfire ascetics
  2. Ascetic an area repeatedly to find the value for bonfire intensity
  3. Edit the value to 1 and lock it
  4. Browse the memory region for that value to find the bonfire intensity values for other areas

Once you get all the bonfire intensity values you can then disable infinite bonfire ascetics and use them as an item to respawn enemies.

Not this is only ONE way of doing this, I would have much prefer if after 15th respawn enemy gave 10% of souls he normally gives.

Unfortunately it is not infinite respawn mechanism (like it was in previous Souls games), because you can't use bonfire ascetics while you have not defeated the area boss yet.

For now I know how to give myself any number of ascetics and I have pointers for all of bonfires so I can lock bonfire intensity. But for now there is no way of using ascetics while the boss is not defeated. Am I right?

There is one issue that you are all overlooking. This game is cheat-protected by Valve Anti-Cheat. So as long as you run this game in secure mode, i.e. playing online, you cannot do this without potentially being banned by VAC.

Additionally the game doesn't have any user-accessible features to run the game in VAC's insecure mode, so the only 100% safe way to run a modded game is to cut the game's access to the internet.

TL;DR: Playing online with modded files = potential VAC ban.

Guest Trul

Pretty much everybody knows this :smile: I test everything offline, but tbh I don't care and eventually I will go online with mods.

DRM piece of $%^& :smile:

Pretty much everybody knows this :smile: I test everything offline, but tbh I don't care and eventually I will go online with mods.

DRM piece of $%^& :smile:

This issue has nothing to do with DRM ^^ It's an always-online game, so it's understandable how they would want to add some kind of anti-cheat; and for this they chose one of the best systems on the market, so no angry comments there. They should however in my opinion, have added the ability to mod the game in a sort of single-player only offline mode. It's possible, but not everyone knows how.