The Loreibble Books Mod

Sfumato

=== The Loreibble Books Mod ===

I am looking for a few writers who would be interested in writing a few lore-friendly books. In my oppinion, even with OOO and COBL, there just aren't enough books in the Oblivion world. I would like to throw togeather a whole lot of new, interesting books to be found. I'm thinking around one hundred more books. Even more, maybe. What I am looking for in a book is:

LORE FRIENDLY*

Good spelling, grammar.

At least 4 paragraphs.

Here are some things I would like to do with this mod:

- One of a kind Attribute increasing books.

- One of a kind Spell tomes.

- Books in Daedric.

- Books in the Ayleid tongue.

- Children's stories.

- Character biographies**

- NPC journals.

If you have a story you would like to submit to this mod, post in this topic or PM me, and tell me what kind of book it is.

*If your book has new lore that dosn't contradict old lore, its fine. Books on other planets, islands, ect. is fine. No new races, birthsigns, or provinces or cities of the empire though.

**These may NOT have ANYTHING to do with ANY of the quests in ANY of the Elder Scrolls Games. What do I mean by this? I mean that your character can be part of the Dark Brotherhood, but not have killed anyone from their quests. Imagine, finding a book that talks about how they killed Roderick, when your character just did it yourself?

== BOOKS I HAVE SO FAR! ==

One Foggy Morrow - Title poem submitted by Lord Garfield, other poems written by Sfumato.

Text of the Three Dark Lights - Religious book written by Sfumato.

The Horrors Below - The story of a necromancer that lives in Anvil. Written by Lord Garfield.

The Cyrodilliac - Information on all of Cyrodil. Written by Lord Garfield.

Why Dragons are Invisible - Written by M'aiq the Liar. Or was it Sfumato.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have been known to be abit of a bard back when I did roleplaying, It guess I would be quite refreshing to use that again. I will have a go later on this evening, not sure what to write exactly, mayhap one of those whitty verses that where known to be written back then, or a character biography. I will see what my imagination might bring.

Thanks, Lord Garfield. I've decided to turn that AMAZING little poem you sent me into the title poem of a poems and jokes book that will increase Personality! I would LOVE to see more of your work! If you could, make a name I should publish this poem under? You will get credit in the Mod Submission post and in this topic's main post.

Thanks, Lord Garfield. I've decided to turn that AMAZING little poem you sent me into the title poem of a poems and jokes book that will increase Personality! I would LOVE to see more of your work! If you could, make a name I should publish this poem under? You will get credit in the Mod Submission post and in this topic's main post.

Erm... I was not really done with it, I added some new things to it since you want my help, some more rhymes and such, I mean, inspiration strook alittle more shortly after, but I can do other things than poems and verses aswell. Journals is not really my thing, I tried it once, but it only lasted for like... Three days.

Oh, and I will make a few character bios and some individual verses about each town. I will try to use as many ingame references as possible. Here is the more updated version of One Foggy Morrow:

One foggy morrow:

One foggy morrow in the streets of Bravil, the sun was rising and the air was chill.

Another day with tasks to fullfill, another kajit for the watchmen to kill. A magistrate

sipping tea, don't spill. A beggar unwillingly disobeying his hunger's will. An argonian

commoner seeking Skooma's trill.

One foggy morrow on the streets of Cheydinhal, a deceptive

assassin climbing the city's wall, a churchroof repairman about to fall, a woodelf wishing

to be more tall, a fisherman wearing his overall.

One foggy morrow Bruma, a nord guardsman

arresting a tradesman of skooma.

One foggy morrow in the imperial city, a woodelf bard, singing

verses so whitty, a small bird on a treebrach, so twitty, a wandering dunmer maiden, so pretty.

One foggy morrow in Leyawin, watchmen seeking criminals to haul in, Fighters and mercenaries in

a fight nobody is to win, bad argonian jokes told by a man with furry skin, another brawl at

the local inn.

One foggy morrow in Skingrad, a farmer working for the local winebrand.

The herald selling a manor so grand, a group of vampire hunters, sought to get a forcefull disband,

an addled woodelf seeking help on demand, the count seeking blood for his gland, the mage's guild

looking for a lending hand.

One foggy morrow in Chorrol, a theif steals an artifact, the guards looses moral.

One foggy morrow in Anvil, a redguard sailsman fighting with bare hands and skill, a countess looking

for her husband's will, a local theif enters a haunted manor, what a kill. One foggy morrow in the realms of

Oblivion, a burned carcass, black as obsidian...

One foggy morrow in the Black Marsh, the argonians dwell within the swamps, so harsh.

One foggy morrow on the open seas, a merchant begs the pirates for his life, let us hope they comply to his pleas.

One foggy morrow in the realms of madness, soon comes the greymarch and Jygalagg, oh, the sadness.

One foggy morrow a nercromancer's lair, a mage apprentice, keeping the zombies back by casting a flare.

One foggy morrow in the isle of Solsteim, turns out that being a werewolf is a serious crime.

One foggy morrow in the imperial prision, the disgruntled jailor seeking admission.

And so as the day goes on, a new morrow to be found, the old one is gone...

I hope this may be better, feel free to remove some of it in case you feel it breaks the lore. I will come up with a good name for the author later on.

Thank you, Alex, very much for the offer. I will be sure to get back to you on that offer.

LG, I love the updated verses of the poem, but I hope you don't mind me moving some verses around. I really loved how it ended with the Oblivion line.

Thank you, Alex, very much for the offer. I will be sure to get back to you on that offer.

LG, I love the updated verses of the poem, but I hope you don't mind me moving some verses around. I really loved how it ended with the Oblivion line.

I won't mind, feel free to do anything besides turning it into a techno remix, I hate those...