Oasis quest idea

AxlDave

After completing the Oasis quest with the option to boost Harold's growth, could make a gradual plant growth effect so that approximately 3640 game days after completing Oasis, plant life has spread out from Oasis to most of the wasteland, just some green scrub grass and a few bushes, with more stuff like trees and flowers closer to Oasis. I imagine you could use the plants from around Oasis as a template. Possible? Easy?

Pretty much yeah. time passes quickly in the game, and by the time I've completed all the quests, Broken Steel included and eradicated all major threats in the wasteland i figure plant life should have pretty much extended most of the way from Oasis...

• 1 year later...
Just wondering if anyone could do this... Apparently it's no hassle and the time frame doesn't really matter, just so long as a little while after you complete Oasis, you see continuing results. End result doesn't have to be a lush paradise, just some alive trees and shrubs. Perhaps some grass for the Brahmin to eat, its quite pathetic to watch them chew all day on nothing :P

it seems possible to add a load of green trees, plants and things to the wasteland, all enable parented to a few x-markers, 1 group for each day or week after completing the quest. Then have a seperate quest script that enables them in sequence, so dead trees would slowly start being replaced by live trees, plants would start appearing in the wasteland. Maybe even get really detailed and have the script add a few fresh fruit to some of the vendors and bring the prices down after enough plants have apeared.

Also don't forget that tree guy is rooted deep underground,

so the first changes might appear in Rockopolis, Little Lamplight

and Metros (perhaps not trees, but moss and cave fungi).

Also, to make this more in the line of Fallout 3 humor, hehe,

imagine Andale to be the first above-ground place to start

a bit a of treelife ...