FO3edit Help!

Bazerk83

Hi guys,

I've created a merge patch for stablity with all my mods but I'm having one single problem. At the end of the processing (which displays no errors) I created a merged patch and then give it a save name and then having done that I wait a few seconds before closing the program and I get the message "[00DB0A07] <Error: Could not be resolved>"

Now I'm pretty sure my loadout is sound, I've checked the proccesses or errors when I launch Fo3 with all mods checked, there are none.

I'm happy to leave this if it's non-affective to stability or mod functionality but I waswondering if anyone knew what this might be and how to correct it?

My loadout

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

Broken Steel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm

CALIBR.esm

FOOK2 - Main.esm

FOOK2 - [*censored*] World And Neighbourhood.esm

FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.esm

Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

Destruction.esm

Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Point Lookout.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Mothership Zeta.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Stee.esm

2nd Home at Tenpennys [Engl].esp

UPP - Pack1.esp

UPP - Pack 2 .esp

UPP - Original Perks.esp

UPP - Quest Perks.esp

EVE Beta_0.9.4.esp

EVE Operation Anchorage.esp

dD-Larger Blood.esp

dD-Reduced Dismember Force.esp

dD-More Gore.esp

dD-More Gore Zeta.esp

dD-More Gore-The Pitt.esp

dD-More Gore PointLookout.esp

dD-More Gore-Broken Steel.esp

BlackWolf Backpack.esp

BlackWolf Backpack - Blank's Courier Container Patch.esp

BlackWolf Backpack - Anchorage Gauss Rifle Fix.esp

KillableKidsNormalHealthOptional.esp

Owned!.esp

norepairneededv2.esp

bzArmour.esp

bzBodysuits.esp

Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow in Fallout 3.esp

Enhanced Weather - Weather Sounds Interior.esp

Overhead3PCcamera.esp

UndergroundHideout.esp

FOOK2 - Main.esp

FOOK2 - [EVE] Energy Vksuals Enhanced.esp

FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.esp

FOOK2 - [DESTRUCTION] Main.esp

FOOK2 - [DESTRUCTION] Main -Statics.esp

FOOK2 - [DESTRUCTION] DIK.ESP

FOOK2 - [DESTRUCTION] DIK - Statics.ESP

FOOK2 - Mothership Zeta.esp

FOOK2 - [DESTRUCTION] Mothership Zeta.esp

FOOK2 - [DESTRUCTION] Mothership Zeta - Statics.esp

Animy_prostitution.esp

Marts Mutant Mod.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC ThePitt.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp

Marts Mutant Mod - FOOK2.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FOOK2 - DIK.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - No Ghoul Raise.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn

Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

Hi guys,

I've created a merge patch for stablity with all my mods but I'm having one single problem. At the end of the processing (which displays no errors) I created a merged patch and then give it a save name and then having done that I wait a few seconds before closing the program and I get the message "[00DB0A07] <Error: Could not be resolved>"

Now I'm pretty sure my loadout is sound, I've checked the proccesses or errors when I launch Fo3 with all mods checked, there are none.

I'm happy to leave this if it's non-affective to stability or mod functionality but I waswondering if anyone knew what this might be and how to correct it?

Very curious, what is the last mod listed before the error?

Hi guys,

Very curious, what is the last mod listed before the error?

Well the last mod is MMM the last actual .esp in fomm is "Mart's Mutant Mod - No Ghoul Raise.esp"

The weird thing is there are no errors during proccessing, it's only once I try to create a merged patch, as soon as I give it a save name, if I wait a couple of seconds before exiting it will come up with that error above.

I added the saved merged patch to fomm at the bottom of loadout and then ran FO3MasterUpdate and it doesn't give me any errors. It's weird.

ok so through a slow and tedious process of elimination i've discovered that the errors were being caused by killablekids which i've corrected by using a different version of killablekids but the errors are ALSO being caused by mmm + fook2 foip files.

It's driving me nuts, I'm so close to having a perfect load order. Could someone please help.

I've downloaded the latest fook2 rc1, mmm3 rc5 and FOIP compatability files and positive I have my load order correct so far as i have no errors coming up when i run them in FO3edit, other than with foip files loaded... here's my loadout (minituarized)

fo3.esm

dlcs.esm

unofficial patch.esm

calibr.esm

fook2.esm

fook2 *censored*.esm

fook2 dik.esm

mmm.esm

---other esms---

unofficial patches.esps

fook2.esp

----fook2 addons---

---other esps----

mmm.esp

mmm dlcs.esp

mmm optionals.esp

mmm - fook2.esp (foip)

mmm - fook2 - dik.esp (foip)

So I run fo3edit to check load order, it finishes with NO errors. I then create a merged patch, give it a save name, as before, and it does this fine... but I then wait a few seconds for any errors before closing and I get 3 of them.

However, when I REMOVE the last two foip files (see above) and repeat these steps the errors vanish. I've tried putting these files into a different order, I've even moved mmm3 and fook2 orders into all kinds of conceivable load orders, nothing works, no matter what I do, if I load the foip files I always get these 3 errors after merging patch.

Are these foip files not compatible with mmm rc5? or are they just built in to the mods already and therefore not needed?

You might be wondering why I bother with them if there's no errors without these foip files, well because if foip files were made to make these 2 mods compatible then there's obviously a need for them, I don't want to leave them out and still have my game crashing or having bugs relating to these two awesome mods.

please help someone, this is driving me nuts!

Fire up FO3Edit. Run the conflict detection filter (get Miax's great FO3Edit Guide - Web-enized if you don't already have it).

Here's the thing with using the automated Create Merge Patch function: it only gets you about 90% of the way there. In the left panel tree view, start stepping through from the top, expanding each .esm and then .esp to find any lingering issues. Since you seem to have narrowed it to FOIP, pay particular attention here - two things can cause some particularly nasty crash-prone issues: Script conflicts and objects that get marked Deleted that are then subsequently used by another mod.

There are others, but those two are particularly nasty. You might also want to expand and look at the navmesh records ... though this isn't usually fatal (note the usually).

And yes, that is what FOIP is supposed to be for. But that doesn't mean it will 100%, or that another mod comes along and undoes what FOIP is trying to fix.

Thanks csb. Another brilliant reply. You've been a huge help so far and I can tell I'm close to resolving these errors and subsequent game crashing.

I'm going through the conflict resolution process right now. I'll let you know how I get on once I'm done and tested it.

Thanks again :)

So the weirdest thing happened.

After deciding to filter through my mods manually with FO3edit (after patch merging) My first step was to reinstall the FOIP files and activate them in FOMM again. THIS time when I ran them through FO3edit in preparation for a new patch merge, there were no errors!

Same load order as before, nothing changed at all.

The ONLY thing I can think of is that I didn't have any saved games the previous attempt, this time around I did and had set all FOOK2 defaults. I can only think that is what did it.

Weird.

There are still a couple of conflicts relating to Broken Steel and Unofficial Fallout Pach but they appear to be minor furniture animation issues. Besides which I'm not entirely 100% on how to correct these particular conflicts (override to new plugin and drag and drop doesn't resolve the issue)

Still getting occasional freezing and crashes but I think this may be corrupted saved games so I'll try running with the save features off.

Glad it helped :smile: . Also look at your yellow-colored overrides, particularly with scripts and Delete flags. Just because something over-rode successfully is not a guarantee that the game is stable. That's why the stepping through process is so important after creating the merge (especially when using the Create Merge Patch function). With a long mod list, it's amazing how many things that look okay, turn up to be not-so-good.

I've found that the more I use FO3Edit, the more I get "tuned in" to problem areas of the subtle kind.

• 2 months later...