Making Mead

Galadreal

Making new alcohol  

3 members have voted

1. 1. New Kinds of Divine Wine or Deadric Mead?

• Divine Wine
    • Deadric Mead
    • Why be lazy, do both!

So, I am doing a mod, and I keep getting new ideas of things I want to add. In the Hearthfire Homes I did basements that have distilleries, and am making up some recipes for drinks from the actual game.

Well, I am trying to, after about 4 I kind of had a derp moment and now my brain does not want to bother with those, it wants to come up with new things. I made a wine distillery and a mead distillery (yes, they do actually require different methods to make them, and I did not want the recipe list to get bogged down, plus the room looked better with 2 than 1, we have to have aesthetics, dammit)

So, for new wine, I already made Sheogorath Mead (Mad God 20/20) and my husband suggested Sanguine Wine and Clavicu's Vile Brew, then I thought to myself, but why not also have special Divine Wine. Something that you can make that will give you limited buffs similar to the blessings you get from the shrines. Drink a Bottle of Mara's Moscato and have improved speech for a while, something like that.

So, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what kind of wine or mead I should make or any suggested recipes for vanilla drinks.

Yes, I am also trying to expand the non-alcoholic drinks too, so I can get butter and buttermilk from my churns. But that is a different topic entirely. :)

I really like the Daedric/Divine themed drinks. Can I put in a request for Talos' drink to be called Blood of a Divine? Or maybe a Talos Tea that you can give to Heimskr in Whiterun to get him to calm down a bit :thumbsup:

Also, how does the process actually work? Is it basically just alchemy/cooking with a waiting period?

Daedric mead, Allows for quite a few options Meridia's Mead or Azura's ale.

Possibly a few of these could give effects, as to the Daedra they represent. Somehow

Right now I am not having a waiting period. I would like to, but I am still working on figuring out how to do that. They would only be craftable at the distilleries in the basement of the Hearthfire remodel I did, since I added distilleries. Berticus did a great modders resource with maturing scripts for cheeses or wine and I am learning how to use it so hopefully in the future I can make these mature for more potent effects.

I do want to make these have effects, for instance, the Mad God 20/20 does restore 150 stamina. Right now that is overpowered, and I would rather it have unexpected effects, like using the wabbajack, but I don't know how to do that. I was going to make a Clavicus' Vile Brew that did overpowered health regeneration but deleated all your magic and stamina (everything with him comes at a price). So yes, I welcome any suggested and ideas. I figured that if these are going to be overpowered or give really good effects the ingredients have to be at least a little difficult to come by or I have to figure out the maturing scripts so that they are not easy to make in overly large quantities. I don't want this to be a cheat, just kind of a bonus.

If you want to see the distilleries the mod is here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44410

and the basement distillery image:

http://static-3.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/44410-5-1398040727.jpg

But please make suggestions, I like the Blood of the Divines Idea, though, I could put a picture of the Talos statue on the label. What kind of effects should it have, less time between shouts or stronger shouts?

I really like the look of those distilleries. I agree that there should be a maturing process for the mead/wine. However, you could structure it so that you have the option to dispense whatever you're making at any time but, like you said, would be much more potent if dispensed after properly maturing. This avoids locking people into waiting the whole maturing period and gives players the option to go with a weaker brew if they are in a pinch. This structure obviouslyalso rewards people who wait the process out.

If a wait time were put in place I, personally, would want it to be a significant period of game time. Nothing crazy, maybe 10 game days or so, but enough to discourage people from simply putting the ingredients in and then waiting 24 hours to get their mead/wine. I know I can't wait any more than 2 days before I get antsy and just start letting time pass normally! :tongue:

As for effects, I think you can get a little creative. Yes, you could do the standard 'Reduce shout time' for the Blood of a Divine, but you could also do something like 'Increased damage when fighting dragons'. This is a little bit of a different take on the Talos theme, but it would be interesting to see how helpful something like that would actually be. Also, from a development standpoint, it poses a bit of an interesting challenge. Instead of tweaking character stats, you'd be tweaking AI stats (or character damage output, depending on how you approach the problem) which is a slightly different and possibly more involved/interesting process. I dunno, I haven't dabbled in mod creation but I know that variety is what keeps any type of development interesting :)

• 2 weeks later...