What level of difficulty do you play on?

overload1977

What level of difficulty  

143 members have voted

1. 1. do you play on?

• Easy
    • Normal
    • Hard
    • Nightmare

Well I began to strategize and got to level 10 on normal with only a few reloads (werewolf lair...ouch)...now that I can prove I can do it, I am switching back to easy since it is more fun. I can understand pausing every round or changing tactic screen for boss fights, but having to do that nearly every fight takes the free-flow fun of battle away, for me at least. So now I am going to do the opposite of what is probably intended: easy on the normal fights, and normal on the boss fights. :)

edit: after level 12 with the addition of Wynne and new gear things got really easy, so I play on normal now. Maybe its the learning curve also...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm playing on hard. Some parts are a good difficulty, some I find too easy. But also, two optional bossfights (flemeth and high dragon) I've had to temporarily skip, to come back to later. These fights are way harder than anything else I've faced so far in the game. On my next playthrough, I'll probably try nightmare difficulty, switching back to hard when things get too tough.

Actually Elexadora, the start of battles is what's normally a pause-fest, once threats have been properly frozen, paralyzed, taunted or fireballed, combat runs smooth (as in, base tactics are enough if you set them properly).

Funnily enough, bosses are where i pause less, sometimes i don't even pause for them if i'm soloing or driving the mage.

woot! i can't believe i able to beat the High Dragon but i did on my first try at lvl 12 o Normal :D

I just lure em to the ruin and duke it out from there. No cheat or op item. I just use anti-magic shield, lots of healing and aggro control on my tank and let my rogue and Morrigan deal the damage. The only thing i need to pay close attention is the biting part. Cone of ice shackle solved that hehe

http://img189.imageshack.us/i/dragonslain.jpg/

http://img31.imageshack.us/i/highdragonatlvl11.jpg/

I usually play fantasy RPGs as a tanked up fighter or some sort of mage, but this time, I said to myself, I'm going to do something different and be a rogue!

Rogue's big move is the stealthy backstab. Ever try backstabbing enemies when you're surrounded? :wallbash:

...so after embarrassing myself in every possible way on the battlefield, I have the game turned down to Easy.

Err ... surrounded ?

You should have a party Tank in Massive or at least Heavy Armor, with Taunt, and make him get the attention of the mobs first.

Then you can backstab them to your hearts content.

And about having attention of mobs, you should get Stealth 3 ASAP (with level 8) as it allows you to hide during battle, losing your aggro as well. Theres also Fake Death as an more extreme solution, but it is on a 5 minute timer and you cannot get an automatical critical hit when attacking from it.

Then you can backstab them to your hearts content....

Yeah, I know that now but before I stopped treating Alistair like a dorkus malorkus and before Morrigan and Wynne could nearly wipe everyone up single-handedly (on Easy), all my battles resembled the fight scene from Big Trouble in Little China: everyone 'surprises' each other, screams, rushes in to the fray devoid of strategy.

What can I say? I'll do better the next playthrough.

Well this is my first play and I'm testing out different set up atm without the OP chain freeze with Morrigan CC.

The test run have only 3 character without Morrigan and Alister. I want to try completing a tough fight through out the game with only those 3.

The 3 man group consisted of my Main as a spirit healer with 1 CC ability (paralyze), my War dog as tank and my rogue for dps : D

I able to beat the Relevant (spelling?) Dark orange mob with sword and broad at the Werewolf den. It was a struggle because it always either pull or turn and attack my healer because without Alister Taunt or aggro control abilities but

nothing beat a good kiting. This run however feel like running on Nightmare plus plus :S because i had to reload couple of time to get the feel of the new build without a tank with taunt and Morrigan CC and nukes

http://img215.imageshack.us/i/revlant.jpg/

2 man group experiement against bunch of thugs (yellow mob)

http://img705.imageshack.us/i/wartank.jpg/

I'm gonna try beating Zerthaera (Dasih Keeper) with those 3 soon and see how it turn out. No more Ez-Mod for me hehe