Foreign language Articles?

Alexspeed

I want to ask something becouse i am not sure if its allowed or desired on this site.

I wrote an Article/Guide on the danexus: http://www.dragonagenexus.com/articles/article.php?id=19

Now i plan to translate it into german, my own language, so all german speaking players may benfit also from it.

The thing is, can i host it also on dragonagenexus.com?

And if yes how is the prefferrend way for me to do it?

Just put [German] in front of the article name maybe?

Or could there be made a subsection for foregin language Articles?

Or do you just allow english language Articles on your site?

Hope you have time to answer that and thank you for your time and the great site you are providing us with. =)

Greetings Alex

Ehrm, I can recall someone asking for it some while ago. I think it's ok, I would indeed put that before it.

There are mods for different languages, so why not for articles eh?

got it:

I see nothing wrong with an article in another language. We are an international community after all. On the forums only english is allowed, but we have always encouraged uploads in other languages, so I see nothing to preclude articles as well as they are site specific.

Buddah

Oh well i am sorry to bother you again but i ran into a new problem :sweat:

I started translating the article i wrote and made progress with it, then i wanted to take a break so i submitted it with this name:

"[GERMAN] Anleitung zur Installation/Deinstallion von Mods für Dragon Age - Deutsche Version"

And i hit the Option to "Hide it from Public viewing" becouse its not done jet and i wanted to edit the rest later.

It said it sucseeded in submitting it and all looked fine.

But now i cant locate it anywhere, i thought it would show up when i go to "Manage Articles" so i can acess it, but there only shows the english one that i submitted earlier.

I also tried around other ways to acess it but i cant find a way to it.

It seems the option i set is hiding it from me too, and not only the public viewing.

Can you help me acess it again so i can work on it further?

EDIT: I just saw i can see it in "The Nexus Forums > Discussions > Articles" so its not lost jet, i just cant find a way to acess it from the main site danexus, i could edit it in this forum maybe till its done but how do i set it visible then so it shows up? Somewhere there is a bug in the system, hope you can help me =)

EDIT2: nope i see i cant edit it in that subforum becouse it was the site bot and not me who psted it there, so i have actually no acess to that Article to edit it further :(

I could copy paste the part i edited and start a new one but i dont want to make a double article...

Go here, scroll down to the bottom and hit this link:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/members/

Manage your articles (0)

That will take you to it so you can edit it.

Buddah

I allready tried that, but i tried it now again, it does not work.

When i click the link "Manage your articles (2)" then there is just 1 article there, the english one, the german one is not there.

Its the same with the "Manage articles"-Links on the right menue and in the Article overview, they all lead to this view.

I guess the option "Hide from public viewing" does not work as intended for articles and it prevents me (the creator of the article) to view the article too altough it shouldnt.

I need more help with this, please.

Guys for diffrent language articles why don't we just have same article in English at the bottom some other language at the top?? wouldn't that be easier?

My two cents: that might work, but in my opinion, it'd quite probably crowd the page and people who scroll through it quickly may think it's one language rather than two and concluded, "This is too long. I don't want to read it." or something like that. IMO, separate articles would be better with the language notification at top.

Guys for diffrent language articles why don't we just have same article in English at the bottom some other language at the top?? wouldn't that be easier?

Well thats actually a good idea, i could do it that way, but do the articles have a maximal length or anything else that limits it?

My article is allready quite long i guess, not that i run from 1 problem into the next...

------

And the acsess problem is still there if i put it all into one article or not.

I would like to see that resolved, it would happen to anyone who writes an article and saves it "without public viewing" to edit it later again till he is finished.

Any news on a solution?

EDIT:

My two cents: that might work, but in my opinion, it'd quite probably crowd the page and people who scroll through it quickly may think it's one language rather than two and concluded, "This is too long. I don't want to read it." or something like that. IMO, separate articles would be better with the language notification at top.

Well i could put German/English in the articlename and put a big text at the beginning, like "German Language Version at the bottom of the article" so pepole can see it.