What I think about dragon age origin and the toolset.

pierrejaquet

To all who read this topic please share your ideas by posting comments. :thanks:

What is good about the game:

-game is original and quite unique.

-Really immersive game

-graphics are nice and do not require 6ghz processor and nvidia GTX 14000.

What is not good about the game:

-Tactics should be activated on selected character. because its so boring to do always the same repetitive clicks.

-Game should have been more tested to fix the crashes and freezes. ( My game

freezes each time one of my character is dead or when I stay too long

in a cinematic. )

-when you unlock a door with a key you must

click the door a second time to open it. I mean c'mon its obvious that

it shouldn't be like that. :wallbash:

-The game feels a bit like a rushed

product, for exemple when you are in the redcliffe mainquest and Irving

tells to that he will begin the ritual, I was like: yeah a ritual ! I

wait 3 seconds, black screen and wow im in the fade. WTF I haven't seen

anything. Also when you are in denerim all the areas are the same.

-The horrible spiderweb attack: c'mon this game isn't supposed to be the successor of rayman revolution.

-Biggest error of all time:

you can't save while in combat and you can't save or quit the game

while in a cinematic. Jesus christ, please help the designers of dragon

age origin. :wallbash:

What is good about the toolset:

mmm...let me think about it a little longer please.

What is not good about the toolset:

There is just too many things to say. I mean, can we even call that a toolset ? Bioware should take exemple on bethesda toolsets.

Well i havent played the game jet enough to give you a big comment on it,

i spent most of my time on my guide and learning stuff for the toolset and trying to help others with problems...

maybe i should get to the game and play it sometime :P

But my facts:

Its not the game that i expected it to be, i am a big Baldurs Gate Fan and this has in my opinion as much to do with Baldurs Gate, as Need For Speed games have to do with searious racing simulations.

There is no D&D Rulework more behind the game, the lore is ... well not bad, but not the huge backstory that BG had.

It is in its own surely a good game with some flaws. But to name it a sucsessor of BG is in my eyes nothing more than a Marketing Gag with nothing behind it.

The combat is too fast in my opinion, i liked allways turn based encounters, but well i guess real time sells better and most pepole like it more.

The graphics are nice, but not outstanding and the outside aereas i saw deffinattly left me unimpressed if not dissappointed. The Faces and the Inside Aereas look good from what i have seen jet.

Besides that i deeply hate Electronic Arts, i absolutly hate that company and now they bought Bioware, a company i allways loved... i am not sure what to think about it, but i think the "turn to the Evil side" has allready begun for bioware, with that laughable Social site with a million flaws, and the DLC that is ... very moderate to a not so moderate price, and i guess its only there so you have to register your game if you want it and that makes your game unsellable if you want to resell it (not that i do, but in general).

As you said you feel like the game was rushed, it deffinatly was, they had even to make a callback action in germany and austria (not sure bout other countries) for the games in retail becouse they somehow messed up something with the discs that made them unplayable, at least thats what they said. I am sure Bioware wants the best and wanted the players to have a good game but i am also sure EA pinned them down to a release on time and there wasnt enough time to get everything fixed and finished. All in all i guess it was a quite solid release, ive seen many more worse lately, Section8 and Borderlands just to name 2 that had quite some trouble on the pc.

And the toolset... i wait for the version that will actually work on my pc.

hm... well thats mostly all what i can say about the game...

its like eating a big bowl of ice cream that has small stones in it... it can be delicious but you have to be carefull not to swallow a stone... that can ruin the whole experience...

I surly will play more, and till the end, but i am pretty sure this game wont be a keeper for all time for me like it oblivion for example was.

about this thread:

... i wonder... how is this Thread different from the one in this same forum: "So, how do you like Dragon Age?"

isnt it about the same... maybe this could be merged with the other tread? or did i overlook something?

what problem do you have with cinematics dude? why do not you just press ESC?

not possible to save while in combat. have you ever tried world of warcraft? have you ever played in a console?. it is enough for me that i can save as much as i want to and in everyplace i want to.

i like to micromanage everything. all my chars have tactics dissabled

i have played like 40% of the game and it has only crashed once, and i have all the DLC and 2 mods installed.

Game feels a bit rushed. ok this is my favourite. do you want a complete list of abomination releases of games in the single player RPGs games category?

when you unlock a door you have to open it twice. ok what if i want to save just before combat, the moment i load back i want to have the door opened, and not to have to unlock and then open it

game original and unique. how old are you dude? i am quite old by gaming standards (37) and this game is nearlly a remake of baldur´s gate 2, the game is really good and very inmersive, i have even stop playing wow for playing it, but i can assure you that what it is not is original; as i said in another post in this forum force field is identical in effects and in being the best spell of the game to otiluke´s resilient sphere of D&D spells of BG2, except it is not pink.