Worth getting for me due to valid reasons

Aeryn333

As well known by many here on the Nexus.. Eh like I hate point and click games..la

Now the manual said, it was, also however could be used with mouse and keyboard WSAD controls...

My Q since the manual did not elaborate on that..with my particular disability I have s special set up I use, in games, on my G110 gaming keyboard and 4 button wheel ball mouse.. to make it easier for me..so I also can't go wasting money on very limited income on games that end up I can't play..

What I want to know, is this 3D like Oblivion and Fallout 3 not tiny Lil people you look down on..Videos can be deceiving I have found out..

So what is my two main Q..???

1. Can the Keyboard, mouse, mapping be changed via Hud as ones sees fit, where the mouse controls your attack or action function, ect.or is it fixed to WASD etc..and fixed mouse controls also..

2. Is it 3D like Oblivion, and Fallout3 ect...Eh is it not like tiny look down on people, but close up and personal..you know what I mean I hope!!

Eh like thanks for any replies..mates

You can right click to select where to go, or where your companion should go. Right clicking on an enemy makes you attack them. The game can be played from either top down perspective or behind the back perspective, at varying distances. I may be wrong, but I BELIEVE the entire game can be played with the mouse, except for combat pausing(space bar).

So what is my two main Q..???

1. Can the Keyboard, mouse, mapping be changed via Hud as ones sees fit, where the mouse controls your attack or action function, ect.or is it fixed to WASD etc..and fixed mouse controls also..

2. Is it 3D like Oblivion, and Fallout3 ect...Eh is it not like tiny look down on people, but close up and personal..you know what I mean I hope!!

You want to play on the pc right? just to be sure =)

1. You can change the keybindings in the options Menue of the game, not sure if it will accept YOUR specific input devices, but i assume it should when these are working and have correct drivers in windows.

2. It is 3D yes, but it isnt a "Free roam" Game like Oblivion or Fallout 3, you have a Map and Locations, and you travel between them with loading screens. You can scroll in and out with the mousewheel so the distance is variable.

It's possible to play with just a mouse, I mapped pause to mouse 3, weapon switch to mouse 4 and walk/run to mouse 5. The camera is behind the character but can be moved out and up via the mousewheel to give a better tactical overview, the character can be moved with either WASD or by clicking on where you want them to go. It's more like KOTOR and Neverwinter Nights than it is Oblivion.

It's possible to play with just a mouse, I mapped pause to mouse 3, weapon switch to mouse 4 and walk/run to mouse 5. The camera is behind the character but can be moved out and up via the mousewheel to give a better tactical overview, the character can be moved with either WASD or by clicking on where you want them to go. It's more like KOTOR and Neverwinter Nights than it is Oblivion.

Thank you more the response I was looking for mate....I don't know the other two PC games, but what I meant does it look 3D like those games, is your avatar self, 3D not tiny..overhead looking down bit, not my taste either..I like to face to face feel lifesize if that makes sense..???

Also like eh do you have to click on someone first to attack or spell them, or can you just go up to them and whack 'em..so to speak..la..In otherwords left mouse click hit them?

Eh I just do not like any part of point and click PC games..just me own thing..

One more Q, with the other two, and I might make my descison..

Eh like can the WSAD keys be remapped also..????

Edited by Aeryn333

You click on them with the cursor to attack, it's not like Oblivion. This video shows it in action. http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dragon...rigins/17-1477/

Ta for your time la..It helped me make up my mind unfortunately, I am sure its a good game, but not my cup of tea, that point and click stuff....Just got Risen, much more my style...Thanks anyway, for your time and replies..mate..