better cities and speech crash

Keekiri

So I got Better Cities up and running, and it worked fine (if a bit stuttering) at first, then anytime I attempted to speak with ANYONE, the game crashes. (just blacks out and goes away). Completely updated GOTY version and I even tried taking away all other mods, still won't work. When I remove BC (even if I leave other mods) loe and behold I can gab till my lips flop off. But I don;t want to have to be turning oblivion on and off constantly to engage/disengage BC anytime I want to talk to a character... and there are specific BC characters that I need to talk to!

running on a vista, never crashed until BC.

-confused mute

I've searched all over the internet including other forums and this issue never seems to get resolved. I've deduced now that it has to do with not having OMOD (though I downloaded it and the unofficial patches) because I can't install the v1.2.0416 patch because I have the GOTY edition which comes as v1.1.0425 which I can't get rid of via re-installing the game so v1.2.0416 won't take.

This is getting ridiculous.

GotY edition actually comes as v1.2.0416 if you install the 2nd DVD (SI + KotN expansions).

^yes, exactly.

Strikerdes, what is your Oblivion version?

I doubt the problem is that the mod was not made correctly. It is a complicated mod with a highly detailed readme and extensive instructions.

Did you both read the Description and the Readme?

Have you both installed the Unofficial Oblivion Patch?