Scripting

Renarion

Like Ice Cream, vanilla is the base, plain-jane ice cream with nothing added on (like chocolate chips, nuts, etc.)

So just like vanilla ice cream is plain and devoid of "extras", so is the reference to vanilla Oblivion as being devoid of anything extra added after you install it.

When somebody says, something like "vanilla steel armor" they are talking about the steel armor that comes with the game...not a re-texture, not something that comes in the OOO mod or anything else.

So when Vagrant0 was talking about the vanilla switch, he is talking about the switch you can find in the game...and can find in the Construction Set once you load the Oblivion.esm file.

LHammonds

Wow, thanks for clustering my topic with ice cream :biggrin: So "vanila" means default Oblivion, just the stuff from oblivion.esm. I get it. Thx.

Back to the question at hand - problem is I have copy/pasted the scripts for both the lever and portcullis from the original ones. I don't know why it wouldn't work. Anyway I'm gonna re-copy the scripts. Something obviously went wrong. I'll be back in a few days to report my invitable success :sleep:

To hell with everything. I copy/pasted the scripts again and it does not work. I'm beginning to think about giving up on the whole portcullis idea. I just can't figure out what's wrong. Maybe the copy/paste function is malfunctioning...?

Yeah, I'm out of ideas :pinch: