Help me dear people !

I'm playing FNV for a while, i have attached my load order with my mods. Out of the blue when i fast traveled a girl with a funny name, Iannoa, appeared out of nowhere following me. It's just a floating head with floating hands and instead of a body it has the GIANT red exclamation mark in the triangle. I have attached a picture. Can someone tell me from what mod is she from so i can uninstall it ? It's obvious the mod responsable for her is either broken, conflicts, or is bad installed. Pls help !

Edited by dlcatalin1

Open the console and click on her until you can see her name and her refid at the top of the screen. In most cases the first two digits correspond to the mod of origin (00 is fallout.esm for example). This can be found in your load order using such utilities as mod manager or fnvedit. The exclamation you are seeing means there is a missing mesh file for the model, usual clothing/armor, sometimes body parts or a weapon. You may have installed these in the wrong place and the game simply can not find them where they are supposed to be or they may be missing for other reasons or have an incorrect name. I would also look at the download page of the mod, look for specific instructions or other files the mod may require.

Also keep in mind that when you get near 140 esm/esp files (including those that are not active) in your load order the more you risk the game failing to load meshes/textures at random, for menus to fail to open, freeze and the game to lockup and eventually corrupt your save. If that happens to you stop playing and start merging files. You can find instructions and utilities how to do this by using Google or probably on nexus somewhere.

Edited by g8rk0k

Open the console and click on her until you can see her name and her refid at the top of the screen. In most cases the first two digits correspond to the mod of origin (00 is fallout.esm for example). This can be found in your load order using such utilities as mod manager or fnvedit. The exclamation you are seeing means there is a missing mesh file for the model, usual clothing/armor, sometimes body parts or a weapon. You may have installed these in the wrong place and the game simply can not find them where they are supposed to be or they may be missing for other reasons or have an incorrect name. I would also look at the download page of the mod, look for specific instructions or other files the mod may require.

Also keep in mind that when you get near 140 esm/esp files (including those that are not active) in your load order the more you risk the game failing to load meshes/textures at random, for menus to fail to open, freeze and the game to lockup and eventually corrupt your save. If that happens to you stop playing and start merging files. You can find instructions and utilities how to do this by using Google or probably on nexus somewhere.

I did what you told me and it shows "6800455b", i looked for the mod with the 68 number in my load list and it's a mod that does nothing else except increase the follower wait time to 1000000 days. So it has nothing to do with her :( Now what do i do ?

Edited by dlcatalin1

If you dislike her, you might try to click her ref and type 'Disable'. She'll get disabled. Right afterwards you pray for her not to be appearing due to some scripts... :D

I tried killing her, but if i kill her then each time i switch regions/fast travel/ enter or exit homes the giant holes appear in the ground like the earth itself is missing. It's breaking the game.

Save the game with her in front of you first.

Start turning off mods in batches until she disappears, when she is gone you know you found the mod.

Edited by nivea

Make sure you didn't click on the ground or something behind her. You should be seeing her name before the ref. You should get nvedit if you don't already have it. You can load up your order in that and do a search for anything (so long as it's not FF something- those are objects generated in game and kept in your save). You can get a good deal of information, probably even tell you if you are missing a body part- look at the paths that you find under models for the body parts, though more than likely it's something equipped.

Another thing you can do is use the command "showinventory" to see everything in her possession while she is targeted in the console. You can then use the removeitem ######### 1 command (where the ######## is the ref of the item in question) to remove stuff from her inventory. That way you can track down if it's something she's wearing or has equipped.

Also you could disable her ai (make sure she is targeted or you will turn off the AI for everything. Use the coc command that will get you to the test cell or go somewhere you don;t think you will visit again (interior cell) use the moveto player command to warp her to you and shut off her ai and leave her there. She should stay there forever unless there is some script that activates her again. I wouldn't delete her as she may be essential for that mod you are using. It could be that you were never meant to see her at all and somehow she moved from wherever she is supposed to be (somewhere your pc can't reach by legit means)

It goes without saying that you should make a hard save before doing any of the above in case you want to go back.

Edited by g8rk0k

Um make sure Archive Invalidation is on (if it is turn it off and on)

Also there is a bug some people get when playing New Vegas, if they go over 138 plugins there game will freak out and cause all sort of game errors like this. So if you have above 138 plugins try removing some

Make sure you didn't click on the ground or something behind her. You should be seeing her name before the ref. You should get nvedit if you don't already have it. You can load up your order in that and do a search for anything (so long as it's not FF something- those are objects generated in game and kept in your save). You can get a good deal of information, probably even tell you if you are missing a body part- look at the paths that you find under models for the body parts, though more than likely it's something equipped.

Another thing you can do is use the command "showinventory" to see everything in her possession while she is targeted in the console. You can then use the removeitem ######### 1 command (where the ######## is the ref of the item in question) to remove stuff from her inventory. That way you can track down if it's something she's wearing or has equipped.

Also you could disable her ai (make sure she is targeted or you will turn off the AI for everything. Use the coc command that will get you to the test cell or go somewhere you don;t think you will visit again (interior cell) use the moveto player command to warp her to you and shut off her ai and leave her there. She should stay there forever unless there is some script that activates her again. I wouldn't delete her as she may be essential for that mod you are using. It could be that you were never meant to see her at all and somehow she moved from wherever she is supposed to be (somewhere your pc can't reach by legit means)

It goes without saying that you should make a hard save before doing any of the above in case you want to go back.

THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES MY GOOD STRANGER !!!! THANK YOU THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU !

I already had FNVEDIT but never crossed my mind to do a search there, i found the culprit mod. It's a mod that adds clothes ONLY usable by the player, i don't know why it adds that retarded NPC following me. This is the mod with the problem : http://www.nexusmods...&preview=&pUp=1

I am uninstalling the mod now and wil try to see if the problem persists after that.