your opinion please?

Shamikka

Don't dare to compare anything to that blight of the genre.

If you've played any bioware game other than the crappy sonic thing and mass effect, you'll know how this game is.

It runs under the same tried and effective formula: tactical pause-powered battles, companions with background and personality that you can talk to and control, same old dialogue system, subquests, 4-5 areas that you can travel to in any order and you must complete and then beat the final baddie(s) (tho each area can be completed in multiple ways).

Don't get me wrong, it IS a very good game. Best thing they've made since BG2.

A little repetitive aren't we?

Anyways, you have a mana pool, a lot of potions, and spells with both cost and cooldown, there's also sustainables, which reduce your maximum mana pool but have personal or party-wide effects (say, party-wide flame weapons & haste, or personal rock armor).

Mages in this game are the only ones able to:

- Freeze/paralyze/sleep/stun crowds.

- big aoes.

- heal.

They are also able to damage single target, tho they aren't good at it, and paralyze/stun/freeze/etc at single target, at which they are good. With the proper specialization (Arcane Warrior) they can also tank.

My computer sucks, froze up on me for a while lol sorry bout that

Sounds pretty cool, Looking forward to spending alootta my free time in that one. How big is the world?? Ive played Kotor, Jade Empire and Mass Effect. iIs it similar to those games? where you have to complete certain tasks in a region, once you finish them all you move on, etc etc??

actually for the most part, no.

you can set-up quests in all areas(except for redcliffe), and complete them in any order, that being said,.......the main plot quests are best done after gaining a bit of XP.

Don't get ahead of yourself and expect to complete any major storyline quests, until you have progressed into the entire map though.

This is no easy undertaking, and first time players might try doing Redcliffe to early(you were warned).

And about your PC, I would advise looking closely at the "Recommended specs", and be ready to not use the "Max" settings.

Well, it is most similar to kotor:

You are streamlined through a group of areas and events with soft combat and a couple mini-sidequests until you are set loose on the fast-travel world map; you got a party camp instead of a ship that fulfills the same objectives (talk to companions, equip them, etc, you also get a merchant there). On the world map there are: 3 independent areas that you need to solve in order to progress that can often be completed in two ways (sometimes 3), 1 area that you can visit and do sidequests but not complete until laaaaater in the game, and 2 areas each with a separate quest that need to be completed in order to solve the same issue.

You can revisit *most* places, and many sidequests take you back and forth. Most of these are mini-sidequests that you can get from the different "job boards".