Double Trouble...

NatanusLikens

(First Problem) I'm trying to get help trouble shooting a problem with a mod; the mod author wants a papyrus log from me in order to see what is happening. Possibly another mod is interfering with this mod, which is why he wants the log. However, I don't have a Skyrimcustom.ini file in order to add the lines necessary to create the log. I've looked around briefly on the forums for this but found nothing. So how do I get a Skyrimcustom.ini file?

(Second Problem) Trying to create the necessary file I messed up something, what is happening is in game the Skyrim logo (Start screen) and all items/characters on the load screens now have a red tent to them. Everything else is fine. How do I fix this? (Not very important but annoying).

Edited by NatanusLikens

SkyrimCustom.ini file does not work when created from scratch. There is a means to obtain it, but I think it might be more hassle than it is worth.

You can edit the Skyrim.ini file in "Documents > My Games > Skyrim" instead. If you do not want to do that, you can create an ini file in your "Skyrim > Data" folder that matches the plugin of a mod/dlc that you know you will always run and put the changes there.

For example:

I put my Skyrim.ini changes inside of Dawnguard.ini thus leaving my Skyrim.ini file untouched.

This post has all I know about your second problem

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/965662-skyrimcustomini-file-does-it-work/page-3&do=findComment&comment=12780203

You may be interested in reading the entire thread.