Scripting Question: Time advancing

McKeen

Hello to everyone!

I just wanted to know if there is a script command to let the ingame-time advance for one or more hours? And how do i make the screen turn black (like sleeping with a script-set time advance) and go back to game-graphic? I searched the geck.wiki but found nothing.

I think your looking for a way to set GetHoursPassed or whatever the variable is with the sleep mode, so the screen blacks out.

To advance time it'd be something like

Set GetHoursPassed to GetHoursPassed + however many hours you want to advance by.

Try looking up Sleep on the wiki :)

@Demeggy: Many thanks !

SetPCSleepHours

Syntax:

SetPCSleepHours iHours

Manually forces the player to sleep the specified number of hours.

Try looking up Sleep on the wiki
How dumb can i be? :ermm:

@Demeggy: Many thanks !

SetPCSleepHours

Syntax:

SetPCSleepHours iHours

Manually forces the player to sleep the specified number of hours.

Try looking up Sleep on the wiki
How dumb can i be? :ermm:

Not at all dude, it's always good to shout out to the crowd even if youve got the slightest of doubts. I'm guilty for that on here too!

I just wanted to know if there is a script command to let the ingame-time advance for one or more hours? And how do i make the screen turn black (like sleeping with a script-set time advance) and go back to game-graphic? I searched the geck.wiki but found nothing.

You can make the screen go black with IMAD FX forms. They can be called from a script. For instance:

[set timer]

imod MQ08AllBlackedOutISFX	;to add a blacked out effect

[run timer for desired time]

rimod MQ08AllBlackedOutISFX   ;to remove the effect and go back to normal vision

I just selected that black out FX without trying it in a script. You should experiment with different FX to get one that you like. I prefer fading transition FX to show drifting in and out of consciousness.

Combining the FX with a script that advances game hours or sets game time and date can give the impression of lost consciousness for a set period of time. You won't see the time passing sleep animation this way though.