Tes V

dasocksjunk

I spend all my game time on Oblivion, rarely playing other games; I do and always come back to Oblivion. It's just the game that I enjoy playing the most, for it offers so much. Well, with the release of new games such as Fallout 3 and AC2, both of which (look) like some of the most amazing games out yet, Oblivion just seems to be becoming one of the lesser of the big amazing high-end games out there today. I feel like Oblivion is getting "old" in popular culture, and no one would really care to play it because its on its way to being old-fashioned and incompetent (or just incompetent). Nevertheless for me Oblivion would be even better being its own TES V, hell its not perfect but it's got great graphics and I don't feel the need to buy a new game and spend all that time with getting all the necessary new mods for it (already doing that with Fallout 3). I just recently Dl'd the Elsweyr mod, which adds Elsweyr. If some random person in his or her own interest randomly decided to randomly add Elsweyr to the game - well that's just one less province of Tamriel and not just progress on a TES V but a TES Everything - and 5 terabytes of hard drive space, but it's a long ways away anyway I guess. But my point is that we have all these random wonderful people - some from successful artistic organizations, some successful artists, some even people from video game companies who knows- to your run of the muck average Joe. I think it would be a great idea to band together a good amount of these people willing to do this kind of thing, who are already helping the process: just join the group called "Newblivion" or whatever... and turn mods like Elsweyr Deserts of Anequina into part of a more revolutionary status.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im all for helping out somthing like this. I mean I'm not the greatest modder but I can pick up new things easily and I have made my own quest before. I was planning on making my own mod called "The Forgotten Divine" But I suppose that if you can get a few people together I could help.

The mod I've made is called "Mythic Dawn" and was going to be an episodic sort of mod. But glitches in the second part led it to an early death.

PM me if you want me to be a part of this mod.

P.s Not all large modding groups fail. What about things like Black Mesa they're still going.

I'm up for helping. If toddler howard ca't do it, we sure can. I mean, LOOK at some of the things we've created as a community.

New worlds, new armour and weapons, races, quests etc etc. There is NO reason why we can't do this.

If it's okay with you, I'm going to come up with a few ideas for it? I might also design some armour/weapons for it?

Anyway, I'm soooo up for this. Bring it. :P

Well katashy + dasocksjunk + mccrab, I think with katashy's weapon and armor designing and I'm ok at level design and quest design I think this could make it. I mean if we all have our skills and if people can build things like the new Middle Earth mod with 15 people then we are practicaly half way there. As soon as we get a few people intrested we'll soon have loads intrested.

Although what would really work would be our own website or just facebook page to get people intrested if this thing gets off the ground.

We'll need to plan first things like the main quest before we start building. Or at least where its set.

Okay, one thing. Befor I go designing things and coming up with ideas, how is it going to work? I mean, think about it. We can't create a WHOLE new game. Here are some things to consider:

1: Full-scale conversion of Oblivion. Except, the original would have to be sacrificed, which isnt good.

2: New world space. We'd have to make some way of getting in to the game. Also, will you be able to travel back and forth? Or are you stuck there?

3: Where is it set? What's the date? How long after TESIV?

4: Who do you play as? A random adventurer? The old Champ of Cyrodiil?

Just some little things to think over in your head.

I'm gonna find a decent, free website creator so we can have somewhere to write out updates.

Anyway, yeah.

Keep working on that, we need a website.

But what about a name. Cause TESV is gonna piss of some copy right people.

I think the most simple way of starting is creating a new world space and a door in the prison. But we would need to find a good place to put it and would it be before or after the chracter generating is complete?

And where it is set will be intresting.

I think that it would be best set some time about 20-30 years in the future of Tamriel and could possibly be about what is going to happen

without a heir to the throne

there could be like a civil war or somthing.

Panicky people, relax, they're still doing TESV...just not for a while. ;) But really...nobody actually believed their 2010 statement beyond "yeah, that'd be cool", right?

You totally ruined something that got me really anxious :rolleyes:

Even though you're probably right.

However, I doubt Oblivion will keep me occupied for much longer - it does need a redo (complete addon? TES:IV1/2?) of some sort.

I usually just read around on these forums, obviously since this is my first post, but I've walked around with this idea for a long time - ever since they started about the MMO.

Having a modding community continue a very popular series would be great though. You've totally got my support, for what it's worth.

Edit: damn, this isn't my first post o_O...

Hmm. I'm thinking it will be AFTER the character gen. What I have in mind, is that we alter the start. How about, when using this mod, it blocks you from doing the vanilla tutorial, but instead makes you do ours?

Anyway. THe heir to the throne thing. There IS a mod in develoment called Empires Glory which already does that. Maybe, instead, it's set at the same time, somewhere else? You could play as a knight/rogue/thief/beggar trying to escape the Oblivion crisis and going to *insert region name here*?