Modding Community Dead?

TESModder739

With TESV nowhere on the horizon, I'd have though the modding community would continue to be in full force, but upon going to TESNexus for the first time in about month, I was surprised to find that the site was nearly empty. Where'd everyone go?

With TESV nowhere on the horizon, I'd have though the modding community would continue to be in full force, but upon going to TESNexus for the first time in about month, I was surprised to find that the site was nearly empty. Where'd everyone go?

I dont think its dead just slowed down for the holidays, not to mention alot of people have finals or are trying out Dragonage which has a growing community at DANexus. bethsoft's forums are still plentty active though

First of all TESV Is coming.

A stupid book writer proved it when he let slip that his book was set 45 years after oblivion and bridges the gap between Oblivion and TESV which is set 200 years in the future.

And I dont think that this Modding comunitys dead I think it is just slowed by new releases and I dout it will ever die.

I think that the main problem is the time of the year, when a lot of people are studying for semester finals and going home for the holiday break.

The other huge problem I see is that there are so many HUGE projects in the works right now that all the modders are too busy. Many of these projects have the same modders working them, stretching them even thinner, and this results in not much getting finished. Now instead of a flurry of little mods coming at us we're seeing only a trickle of big stuff. It doesn't help that every day people try to start new big mods, only adding to the problem. If they would instead join other projects, we'd see them get completed a lot faster.

Hmmm... I just got an idea.

If they would instead join other projects, we'd see them get completed a lot faster.

Hmmm... I just got an idea.

I've been saying that for a little over 2 years now. It's a great idea, but there always seems to be some sort of hangup when talking turns into doing.

Oblivion modding isn't dead, and probably won't be dying any time soon, but yes, many people seem more concerned with newer games, school stuff, or their own large projects than they are in tossing together a few smaller mods.

Not dead at all! Fort Death has reached a new peak and is sure to gain a lot of attraction, Gates of Aesgaard is certainly a giant accomplishment recently, a whole lot of good mods are coming out! the more and more time goes by the more the larger mods or the really good mods come.