The Master Of Zooz

Malchik

Druce hops out of the boat. He wonders if there is some way to get up that cliff wall. It is rather apparent that there is not. Besides, he doesn't like climbing up sheer surfaces... Druze breaks off of the main group, and settles down on a secluded part of the beach. He focuses his thoughts: "Come to me... he thinks. There is a slights rustling of wind, and a hawk flies to him, settling down on his arm. "Hello Chayton," he says to the bird while stroking it. "Long time no no see." he adds as an after thought. Chayton chirped in a polite tone. "Listen, I need you to see what's up on the top of that cliff-wall," he says to the bird. Chayton chirps, and then takes off. Druce heads off to the camp.

Later that evening, Chayton returns with news. He chirps to Druce several times. "Really," he says to himself and the bird. Druce turns to the rest of the group. "Chayton here says that up on top of the cliff just above us, there is a whole lot of nothing, except a small hole that looks like a dog tried to dig, and a bit of wood poking out.. But he doesn't know where that hole goes to. He was too chicken to find out." Druce looks over at Chayton. He could tell that by the look that Chayton was giving him, that hawks don't like to be called "chicken." "Oh, come on. It was a joke," He turns back towards the group. "I think we should check it out tomorrow morning," he says. It will probably be safer then." He glanced at the fast-coming darkness. He then noticed the group. They were staring at him open mouthed, wondering how he had talked to the hawk. Druce turned back towards the bird and said to him, "Say, how would you like to stay with me for a while?" he asked the bird. It appeared that he would like that very much.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Esha eyed the beautiful hawk with no little envy. She could hear there conversation quite well but had not yet said anything to the others. She eyed the newcomer Druce and if not for the bird she would have dismissed him entirely. She missed the animals in her home dearly. She wondered what the little man would think if she bagan a conversation with his bird?

Otherwise though she was tired and sick of the water...she could not rest. She felt evil here like a slime upon her skin. In her mind's eye she could see this hole just as the bird had....and it was not a good thing.

"I will take first watch..." She said softly to the others. "Anyone else?"

Having witnessed nature responding to mankind before, mac looks at Druce with little suprise, turns to Esha "I'll take the first watch, you seem a little shaken from our journey on water, you need a little rest..."

"We can try that door tomorrow, looks like rusted and stuck but maybe I can give it a try and open it up... Hey Birdman, why dont you ask your fellow companion if there is any imminent danger around us, such as wild animals or other humans? It might be good to have eyes in the sky..."

Druce replies to Esha. "I will go with you," he says. "Come on Chayton." Together they leave the camp. Chayton goes off hunting for his dinner, and comes back some time later with a tail hanging out of his mouth. "Chayton," Druce says. The bird quickly puuls the tail in its mouth. Druce looks up at Esha. "You seem so nervous," he says to her. "What's wrong?"

It is rapidly getting dark. The sky is cloudy although no rain threatens so when the last vestiges of day have gone it will be very dark indeed. As it is too dangerous to try sailing or climbing in such conditions you will need to sort out what you are going to do for the night.

OOC>There are five of you so you cannot all watch in pairs. If you assume 3 watch periods of three hours each then first is mac (possibly with Esha). Who will do the late watch and who the early morning-dawn watch?

It is rapidly getting dark. The sky is cloudy although no rain threatens so when the last vestiges of day have gone it will be very dark indeed. As it is too dangerous to try sailing or climbing in such conditions you will need to sort out what you are going to do for the night.

OOC>There are five of you so you cannot all watch in pairs. If you assume 3 watch periods of three hours each then first is mac (possibly with Esha). Who will do the late watch and who the early morning-dawn watch?

OOC-> I guess I will do the morning watch. I am an early bird anyways...

Ritz returns to the cave after collecting enough wood, she quickly makes a campfire and starts drying her clothes. After her clothes dried a bit and a small rest, she wanders off out of the cave to scout the close vicinity. After a while of searching and finding nothing of interest, she thinks about exploring the cave in a larger scale than just the entrance, however since it is already getting late, it'd be best to do it in the morning. Ritz decides to just return to the camp and get a good rest before having to wake up.

OOC--> I'd say Ritz might be tired after the swim, but due to her serious nature, she could do the late watch. IMO if we have someone well rested, he/she could do the late watch.

(O.T. Have we lost someone along the way here?)

Esha offers to take 1st watch with Mac. She suggest that Ritz take the late watch and that Druce take the early morning.

You settle down to cook food, talk and then sleep with the various watchers. Nothing disturbs your rest. As dawn breaks Druce hears a strange sound from, as it seems, the cave. There is nothing to see there but as he turns back to look over the sea there is a small child, a boy of perhaps seven, wearing an odd but vivid pink costume all over gold embroidery, standing staring at the boat.

The boy sees Druce but looks through him, as if Druce were not really there, and then begins to climb up the cliff. Near the top he loses his grip and falls to the stony beach, his head hitting a rock with a loud crack. Loud enough to wake the sleepers.

The boy picks himself up and makes for the cliff again.

Archived