The Master Of Zooz

Malchik

Auriel appears to be heavy as lead and does not waken when you touch him as if there was a charm on him. The best you can do is to close the door on the room in which he is sleeping.

As you descend towards the tunnels the howling sounds again several times. Although it comes from different distances, near and far off, there is only ever one sound as if one - thing - were moving with phenomenal speed. At no point does it sound from anywhere other than the tunnels.

You attempt to reach the room in which you imagine Auran and Damiel might be sleeping but the whole manor is locked with an unbreakable magical lock and only the entrance to the tunnels is open to you. As you reach the first level you remember how very extensive they are - the multiple levels, the maze like complexity. Along every passage the torches burn endlessly sending strange shadows flickering along the slimy walls. In every direction you look - flicker, flicker, flicker.

A howl sounds right below you and then again further off. It is as if the sound came from the throat and not through a mouth. Whatever they are/it is, there is no suggestion you have been sensed yet. At the base of the stairs down two passages cross. There is nothing to distinguish one way from another.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I don't like this. Something is severely wrong and this is quite possibly caused by either Auran's research or something ancient that has been disturbed by us, or them, entering this place. Not to be overly dramatic, but if we get out of here I live, I'm treating you guys to a feast."; Ritz says calmly while tightening her grasp on her bow. "Anyway, all I have so far is just theories, we'll need to find out what is causing this, or in this case the source to be able to get rid of it or them and a feeling in my gut tells me that we're not too far from finding out what's the reason behind all of it. If I were you, I'd try and be ready for anything. Now with all that said and I did say quite a lot compared to usual, try preparing for whatever comes by imagining your worst nightmares, then try and make it a hundred times worse, mental preparation usually helps quite much when the actual situation comes. I want to get out of here alive and I don't think this will be a single person effort, everyone needs to be ready."; Ritz says calmly with a determined and a cold look in her eyes.

Ritz is thinking to herself;*If these people are unprepared, something bad will likely follow. If I'm unable to prepare myself or the others for this, what are my chances of survival really? Too many 'if':s, I'll most likely just have to be prepared for anything and in the worst situation we'll be split up.* Ritz sighs quietly and starts moving onwards while saying one last sentence;"We may end up being split up so you need to be ready to fend for yourselves. This place is far more complex than it seems."

(OOC-->Well, wanted to try a slightly different type of writing this time, also had a bit more time to type this up.)

Esha eyes Ritz coldly....she the flips her wrist and her blades once again drop from thier hidden straps under her bangle bracelets. Esha suddenly looked far more dangerous that she had before.

"I disagree....I believe staying together is for the best..due to the complexity of this place. That way we can battle or flee together. But by all means dear child, feel free to make your own decisions..."

She then closed her eyes and took deep breath...suddenly a number of mice scurred from seemingly nowhere. Esha leaned down staring at them and spoke.."Little friends...please go forth and help us find this danger...look, listen and hide as you do so well and come back to me with this."

All the mice sat up on their hind legs and seemed to bow to her...then scurried off in all directions.

She looked up at the others....

"I think you misunderstood me, I meant we may end up being split up, not that we should do it. This is an occasion that everyone should be prepared for in case it does happen and since this place is far more complex than what it seems, it's quite possible it may happen. I think everyone knows by now that there are too many hidden secrets in this place that we don't know about. Take a second to calm down, if we misunderstand eachother too often here, it may be the end of us."; Ritz says calmly to Esha. "We need to work together to get out of here was the point of what I was saying, but since I do hate talking much like this, I'm not perfect in making what I'm saying simple to understand."; she says to the everyone around here and lets out a small sigh while taking back her old cold look and lets the silence resume.

The mice do not return.

The howling continues from different directions and sometimes nearer sometimes further off.

The place is like a maze and you already have a choice of four ways to go as well as further down. The stairs up are by report your only exit from the tunnels. It could be awkward to lose your way.

"Lets choose a path and get on with it, Ritz, you take the lead, Esha you get the boy and get behind Ritz, you two will be able to make out our way, Druce, you watch our back, we wouldnt want those beasts on our backs, I will cover the flanks, lets stick together and mark the corridors as we go, that way maybe we can work our way..."

Mac draws his short sword and whispers a little prayer to any god may hear and maybe favor them in any way possible...

"We have come too far to be beast fodder people, lets show these abominations what we are capable of..."

"Let's try heading left and keep turning left on every corner, that way we should end up exploring this entire complex and it'd make sure we've missed nothing. We'll stay on the main corridors and if we need to explore the rooms, we'll move in to the room as a group with pairs of two or three. That way should we get separated due to traps, no one should be completely alone.";Ritz says. She puts away her bow, takes out a lantern and dagger, lantern on the left hand while having a reverse grip on the dagger in the right hand.

"We should also try and leave some marks on the trails we've walked, we might be able to use all the rope we have, but the length is limited, small objects like stones or whatever might be able to do the task. If someone has a suggestion, question or disagrees with me being on the lead, just say so. If there are no questions etc. everyone should check their equipment for anything that we might be able to use to track our way. Also if someone has something to scribble our route on, it could help, although there is the possibility this place has moving walls or something like that, we should try our best to stay on track about where we are.";Ritz says while still analyzing all the options available.

(OOC-->Damn tired atm, had an exhausting day, won't most likely be online until later tomorrow, so don't wonder if I'm not replying.)

OOC> Just to get this straight, you are setting off turning left at each junction. There is some suggestion of marking the route but I am not clear how. Some things won't be possible given that the walls are dank and slimy but others would be. You might also want to consider that the torches, whilst apparently burning eternally, may be controlled to lure you into a false sense of security. Do you have means of supplying light if they go out? With the two points answered I will advise what happens next.

Archived