Short Story: The Dark Prophecy

Shoren

There is a stone tablet of prophecy where what is to come has been written by the gods themselves. These were secrets which were not meant for anybody to find them but it was revealed by Necroic, the son of unholy god of hell Dragin, to the mankind. Much chaos they spread through the Dream Lands because of a dark prophesy which was written in this stone tablet. The prophesy of the demon knight.

"After three thousand years from the begging of time a man shall rise strong in faith to Ire, the high god, who is known by mankind as Paladine. He was strong and valiant but soon chance will come. He becomes bitter and worn and finally he falls. When he falls the unholy god of hell Dragin finds him and gives comfort and power which the man wishes for. He will look for seven black book of spells, which are written by the blood of angels, and shall bring the unholy god of hell Dragin back to the Fe which mankind know as the Earth where he was banished in the beginning of time. And this time he will rule supreme."

That was the prophecy which was written to the stone tablet. This began search for the hero who would defend them from this evil but little did they know that it would begin fulfil this dark prophecy. They were overjoyed when they found a man strong enough in strength, faith and will to take head on the evil which was up to come. This man was known Drace. He was given quest to find the seven black books of spell and destroy them to stop the upcoming prophecy.

On the journey of his quest he finds that these books could not be destroyed by normal means. He had to find a magically enchant sword known as the Dream Sword which has been sealed from this world. To break the seal and bring it back to this world he needed to find three Keys of Knowledge. They keys were found by three trials; courage, wisdom and strength. Each had large price to pay to the hero. After obtaining last key he finally fell to the ground from strain and burden which his quest gave him. He was dying. Dragin found him. He promised power and life which would not die to the age or normal wounds. The hero accepted this deal after all it was a blessing in his eyes. This was rise of new darkness, the darkness which would rule supreme, spoken in the dark prophecy.

The hero, now known as the Demon Knight, found six of the seven black books of spells. The seventh book has hid it self even from gaze of the unholy god of hell Dragin. This was a setback to his plans. The seventh book must be found or Dragin could not be summoned to this world.

While the Demon Knight was searching for the books the gods of good worked on their plans. They brought another tablet to the humans to counter the dark prophecy. This tablet was hidden by Dragin as he did not wish humans have hope that they could defeat this new darkness but the gods of good found it and brought it to humans and this was what was written.

"The Demon Knight shall raise from foolishness of the men but so shall five beacons of light. Each of the represent their own race. One from valorous humans, one from wise elves, one from proud dwarves, one from the nimble race of halflings and one and last who shall be the leader of this group comes from the dragons which unite the abilities of other races. The are destined to find the seventh black book of spells which are spoken in the dark prophecy and stop this dark prophecy if they succeed. They will wake the sleeping races of angels and gargoyles to help their cause and find five sacred weapons to fight this darkness. Each of them are blessed by one of the gods of light."

((Writers not: As you might have wondered after reading this yes this was going be longer story (and much longer than my the Tales of the Hero which I stopped for now at least) called Tales from the Dream Lands and this was just the first chapter, the prelude, from it but as I have now little time I don't have much time I had to freeze this project too but I hope you enjoyed even this little story. Oh and I deleted last line from my official version "And here is where the tale begins." as well it isn't going to conclude for while at least.))