Illegal Music Pack Upload Warning

Ranokoa

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that this was a banning offense. I have in past reported some uploaders with the view of keeping them out of trouble. Now it seems that I was only getting them into trouble. I'll know better next time.

Rabbit

Please understand this: Just because you may feel bad for the person in which uploaded illegal music does not mean that they should not be reported. Please reread how illegal music hurts the nexus. Is one person getting away clean worth it? Besides, even if one person doesn't others will, and or, the moderative staff will stumble upon it. I don't think there is one file on this entire sight that at least one moderator didn't look at. ESPECIALLY hide from public viewing files. Our site police are more like the swat! Their good.

To whoever said something about the downloaders. I do not know the ramifications towards downloaders, I don't know how they get punished if at all. Should an uploader state their work is legal, whether it is or not, most people here trust the uploader not to lie to them. This is why we have such a great community, because there is trust. Unfortunetly certain times, such as illegal music packs. So because I don't really know what can happen to the downloader, I didn't state anything about them. I don't want to appear ignorant, which in this perticular case, I am. But maybe a lil notice-ish thing cant hurt. Ill edit it in there.

Be well, sleep well, fight well, live long.

~Ranokoa

As a holder of many music copyrights let me make one point, if I may. Copyrights are held to prevent other people from making financial gain on your original work. That is all. If someone wants to cover my song in a live show and they don't get paid for it, there is no violation. Permission helps.

That may be, however, with mass downloads for free with said piracy they prevent the copyright holders FROM making the profit, thus, the illegality, and thus, the rule on the nexus. It matters now how the "law" deals with things on this website. When I say illegal, yes it mean actually illegal but I put a more firm role on the word to emphasis the Nexus law, rather than anything else.

So say, for example, that it was perfectly legal to upload all of Twiztid's music here on the nexus, legal in the actual law sense, but still against the rules of the nexus for whatever reason they wanted to be thus. I would still have posted this with no revisions simply because it is all about the "Law of the Nexus". I'm a bit groggy atm so my wording may be a bit off.

My point being that it's all about the family sites rules rather than anything else. There is a rule against copyright uploads without express permissions, and even noncopyright materials such as normal mods, without permission. If you didn't make it, and don't have permission, and or the exact opposite, it is still wrong.

Good comment though, certainly does help broaden the perspective of serious the issue is.

Be well, sleep well, fight well, live long.

~Ranokoa

I should also mention that if you find a download link for free music, but are unsure about its legality, as there are a lot of pirated materials out there in such wide use that even legal looking websites can actually hold this kind of information, I implore you to ask a moderator about its authenticity of legality to ensure you do not get in trouble before uploading.

After seeing even more music packs I please implore people once more that are thinking of uploading music packs to thoroughly read through this!