Skingrad butler found dead!

Umberstone

I was leaving skingrad when I noticed something by the bushes. I went over to have a look and found it was the Orc butler of Count Hassildor, murdered and shoved behind the bushes! Can you buy a house in skingrad with him dead? Is there a way to bring NPCs back to life?

I found another dead NPC under the bridge to the Imperial city. What is killing all these random NPCs? I could understand if the bodies were out in the open, but they are partially hidden in places these NPCs had no reason to be. Finding hidden bodies everywhere I go is starting to get creepy.

I found another dead NPC under the bridge to the Imperial city.

Might he have fallen off the bridge and rolled under there?

Is there a way to bring NPCs back to life?

Sure is. Just use the console command 'resurrect'.

1. Click '`' (actual key may vary?)

2. Click on dead NPC.

3. Enter 'resurrect'.

Note that you can't always fool quests this way. For example on a fighter's guild quest to clear a mine one of your allies gets killed. You will still get told off for letting someone die even if you cheat to bring them back to life.

It's probably either one of Oblivion's many glitches in action again, or they were actually attacked by something or someone (provided they were in the wilderness).

It's impossible to bring them back to life in the console versions of the game (that I know of), and although you can resurrect them in the PC version, often, certain dialogue was meant at the time they were first alive, and afterwards they become only generic NPC's, and lack the special dialogue options (only with a few of them though).

Right after posting I found that this guy has the tendency to die. It says you can repawn him whis this console command "player.placeatme 00028FB6"

It says he tends to fall off a bridge but that's not how I found him. The NPC in the Imperial city was *under* the bride and on dry land... :unsure:

It says he tends to fall off a bridge but that's not how I found him. The NPC in the Imperial city was *under* the bride and on dry land... :unsure:

Ah, sorry. That would be me. Nobody sleeps with my wife unpunished (not even me, sometimes ... :sweat: )

I had this happen as well, though I could never find the body. Reading the UESP wiki I found that he makes several trips back and forth from the castle each day. That means every time you visit Skingrad there is a chance he falls off the bridge. Looks like an OSHA issue, no handrails. Come on, even Oblivion spires have a handrail. Perhaps he imbibes too much of those fine Skingrad vintages.