Hurray I Got Oblivion, After 6 Months! Which Brings Me To...

Povuholo

How long have you been waiting for Oblivion?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been waiting for Oblivion?

• I heard of it first when it was released
    • a few weeks
    • A few months
    • Ever since they released their first info on it
    • Other (specify)

I'm installing Oblivion right now and i'm all excited ;)

So this is the poll: Howlong have you known you really were going to buy the game. So... howlong have you been waiting for Oblivion??

Ever since they first mentioned it. So, about 16 months. Suffice to say it's more than a little weird to finally be playing it! :D

Just after I got my GOTY edition. don't remember when that was. (I said since they first mentioned it..., but all I'd heard was that there was another beth game in development, and TES4 was the speculation - so I guess it was before any official announcement

I always buy a sequel if I really enjoy a game, so the moment it was announced I knew I would get it. Sometimes I have been severely disappointed. I am getting a new computer assembled for me - due to reach me end next week beginning week after. In the meantime it plays on my laptop on low quality graphics and with a bit of lagging between areas.

Nearly a year. I kept coming back to the official TES site, headed to the fan site links to find new mods for Morrowind, when I noticed something in the upper-left corner of the site. I got all excited and clicked on it and waited for the page to load. I couldn't believe I had missed an announcement like that that had been made in 2004. I've been waiting ever since I first read the announcement.

Then, tragedy struck. My computer died. I've replaced every part in it except for the HDDs and DVD+RW drive, and I'm waiting on my power supply to come in. But I still won't be able to play the game (Collector's Edition sitting on the bookshelf right beside the official guide) until I get my new video card (looking forward to a GeForce 7900GT).

So, though I have the game, I still don't get to play it for a while. I think the earliest I'll set foot in Cyrodiil will probably be about a week after my birthday (April 13), since I'll probably put every penny I get in b-day money toward my new video card.

The wait continues...

Archived